DVD/BluRay Creator still show trial version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD/BluRay Creator still show trial version

I installed DVDFab 8.1.5.6 Qt last night, which is the official release of DVD and BluRay Creator from what I've read.

I purchased the DVDFab All-In-One Lifetime Gift on November 16, 2011 (invoice from Avangate shows November 17 due to time zone difference) under the "Thanksgiving Special" which advertised the video player and the "mysterious DVDFab products (lifetime)" as part of the purchase. Signals verified that these mysterious products are the DVD and BluRay creator modules.

So, should I expect to see "never expire" on these products instead of the "trial user" that currently shows in the license information dialog?

Was I perhaps issued an older generation license key instead of a newer one that would unlock my lifetime license to these DVDFab modules?

What can I do to resolve this issue?

OK, I'm unsure whether I'll hear an official response on this issue.

So, have any other users encountered this issue where you purchased your lifetime license for the dvddab all-in-one including DVD creator and BluRay Creator, but the license screen still shows them in trial mode?

Comment

Yes. Mine is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by colossus71 View Post
        Yes. Mine is the same.
        Thanks for the confirmation. Perhaps this feature is still considered beta even though it is being shown as a product for sale. We'll have to hope they end up doing right by us by enabling the lifetime license in future versions.

Comment

My version shows the same.

I purchased my lifetime version in December 2011.

Comment

Answer to DVD/BluRay Creator still show trial version

First you have to Log in to your account http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm
            if you do not have one you need to create an account. Second, once your logged in check the Status box at the top of the page or all the boxes that still show up as trial ver. in your program. once you have all of your boxes checked click on download key, install it and restart your program. Done! It's just that simple...
            I really hope this help.

Comment

Originally posted by GPCServices View Post
              First you have to Log in to your account http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm
              if you do not have one you need to create an account. Second, once your logged in check the Status box at the top of the page or all the boxes that still show up as trial ver. in your program. once you have all of your boxes checked click on download key, install it and restart your program. Done! It's just that simple...
              I really hope this help.
              It actually wasn't that simple for me. I purchased mine on November 16, 2011 with the promise of the DVD and BluRay creator for free. When I followed your link the following was on the top of the screen and the products were not listed:

"For users who has made purchases of DVDFab All-In-One Lifetime Gift package after January, 11, 2011 (included), they are entitled the newly introduced products of DVDFab DVD Creator and Blu-ray Creator with the same licence term, for free. Please click HERE."

Well, since I made my purchase before January 11th, it seemed I should not click the "HERE" button, but I did, and it did add the DVD and BluRay creator to the list and I downloaded the updated key and it then worked as you indicated. So, fengtao came through as promised, but this type of incorrect information is why there was so much confustion and questions on the forums about the lifetime licenses for these modules. I suppose if I was writing it I wold have not stated "after January 11, 2011," but simply "during a promotional period advertising additional upcoming software was included as part of the purchase," or something similar.

Thanks GPCServices, fengtao and DVDFab staff!
              Last edited by kevinfritz; 02-03-2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Wait - I was looking at the forum and realized that the message stated January 11, 2011, NOT 2012 as I was thinking when I wrote my previous message.

I apologize - the message was indeed clear and my purchase was compliant with it. It seemed to be heading toward confusion based on the dates discussed in some of the other threads that discussed the 30% discount, etc. and perhaps DVDFab decided that this would be fairer in the end.

Once again - thanks DVDFab!

Comment

The steps worked for me (once I logged in as administrator).

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X