Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avi file is unsupported???

Hello,

I am trying to burn .avi file onto a DVD using DVD creator. However when I select my avi file, it says that the file is unsupported. I believe avi file are supported in the current DVD creator version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and have used ccleaner but have not had any success.

Also I have tried to use DVDfab file converter to convert my avi file but it also says that it is not supported. I have tried many different avi files to make sure the file is not corrupt but it still says avi is unsupported. Please help.

I have already tried downloading the beta 8.1.6.6 and have used two different computers and it still say the avi file is unsupported. I am familiar with DVDfab and have used it in the past. What am I doing wrong?

tonic, I'm converting an avi right now just to see if I can duplicate the issue. My avi has an mp3 audio track and it is converting albeit slowly. What audio does yours have and I'll see if I can duplicate the file and results.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

My avi file was created from a program that converted a vhs video cassette tape to an avi file. I'm not sure what audio it has but it does have audio. When I check the properties of the avi file it say "audio bit rate = 0kbps". Otherwise I'm not sure how to check this.

Ultimately, my goals is to take or split certain segments of my avi file to create a dvd that has different clips from different avi file. Please let me know if you need any other information. Thank you so much!

Comment

I'm sure there are ways to do what you want, but I don't think you can do it with DVDFab.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X