X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluray Creator problem with mkv at 23.976 fps

Hi !

I want to create a BD from a 1080p x264 mkv file but my titles are most in 23.976 fps. When I create a BD with dvdfab i guess dvdfab makes it 24 fps cause the playback is freezy... to make up for fps. So the playback is not soft, it freezes shortly every 2-3 sec. Can you integrate something in BD Creator that can properly recode from 23.976 to 24 fps ? Or any other fps.

Thx !

Hi shaty
    Sounds like a burn issue.
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

lol... it`s not a burn issue. The resulted bluray is on my hdd. That`s what happens when you convert ntsc to pal or pal to ntsc or 23.976 to 29.976 etc. Playback is not smooth because of the difference in fps. There are some programs out there that can do it proper but works only on dvd conversion. So I was asking to put it on the bluray creator aswell.

NTSC - standard is 29.97 fps but many 23.976 fps out there that is NTSC too.
      PAL - 25 fps
      Bluray creator uses 24 fps on the video. So it has to convert 23.976, 29.97 and 25 fps to 24 fps.

Comment

Hi shaty
        What are you using for playback on your computer?
        VLC http://www.videolan.org/vlc/ is a nice product for playing back just about anything.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I am using vlc, wmp, arcsoft total media teather and cyberlink power dvd 11.
          CBR929 no offense but i would like a coder to answer because it is a tehnical problem. I have lots of experience in recoding movies. So the problem is with the coding from 23.976. It would be nice for bd creator to have some profile settings, like source fps (ntsc or pal), aspect ratio, subtitle fonts and position and so on...
          For testing you can get any hd video on the net that is coded in 23.976 and try to make a bd using dvdfab bd creator. You will se what I am talking about.
          So again the program works just fine if you have 25 fps pal videos it creates perfect blurays BUT not if you have the source video at 23.976.

Comment

I can't reproduce this, any MKV I make from material I own at 23.976 the output from BD creator is 23.976 and playback is smooth. If you want tech support go here and fill out a ticket: http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm

We don't discuss conversion of downloaded content, closing this thread.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
            X