No audio on DVD until audio selected in PowerDVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No audio on DVD until audio selected in PowerDVD

I have created 2 DVD images. First came from .MOV (Quicktime) files generated by my Kodak camera. No sound from PowerDVD till I did a right click and selected audio>English.

I converted the MOV files to MKV files and tried again. Same issue.
    It seems the default audio track isn't being set properly.

Each title on the DVD does the same thing. When the previous title finishes and it goes to the next, no audio till I manually select it.

I couldn't find a setting for this, and even switching PowerDVD to use English as the audio, it does the same thing. The MKV files play just fine the way they are in PowerDVD.

Hi llandyw
    I did a test yesterday for another member and had a complete movie with audio.
    Please post your internal log.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Confirm this is a bug of DVDFab, we will fix it ASAP.

Not have sound default when playing in PowerDVD.

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Logs

Here are the logs. Interesting bit here too, when I did the .MOV files, an ISO file was created, with the MKV files, the DVD structure was created, but no ISO file. Also, some bits of DVDFab seem to use the currently logged in user name while others appear to use the user logged in when it was installed. I'd had a failure of Server 2008 and replaced it with Server 2012 (backups were useless for this). Kept the same user name, but it appended the domain name since the user name already existed in the users folder. Had several programs to fix because of this, including Outlook. When I found DVDFab was using the old name I fixed that in the registry, but it made no difference in creating the DVD from the MKV files.

Just found out there must be other places where the user folder is kept since the old user folder has been recreated and the only thing in it is the Documents\DVDFab9\temp folder with 2 empty folders and the updateTemp folder.
        Attached Files

Comment

Ok, found out that the remaining pathnames are in the settings XML file. It would be nice if the user could change these short of editing the XML file.

Comment

Working...
          X