Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Solved] Blu ray data disc when I want a Blu ray video disc output.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Blu ray data disc when I want a Blu ray video disc output.

I purchased both DVD Creator and Blu ray Creator to burn discs using mp4 files downloaded from DRM Video Download.
    I have no problem creating the mp4 files however when I then use Blu ray Creator, my burner creates data discs rather than video discs that would play on a tv Blu ray player.
    I have used the burner for years backing up Blu ray discs via the DVDFAB copy program without getting a data disc.
    I have used a codec of DVDFAB software options and a codec using the Intel options but both produce data discs.
    Am I missing something in setting up the Blu ray Creator program when I load the mp4 files to be burned?
    The DVD Creator program creates DVDs from the same mp4 files that are viewable on my tv.
    Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can burn video Blu rays using Creator?

Did you use Menu mode (which template) or no menu mode? Please send us the dvdfab_internal log and burn log file for the Blu-ray Creator process.

Comment

Mona, not sure what you mean by "menu mode" and "template" so I'll attempt to define the method used to create the burned Blu-ray.

I used DVDFABx64 12.0.1.6 from the DVDFAB online program.
      Blu-ray Creator
      In Common settings all Video Decoder settings were set to "Software" (i.e. H.264; VC1; MPEG2 and H.265)
      In Common settings all Video Encoder settings were set to "Software" (i.e. H.264 and H.254).
      Lighting Recording was Enabled.

I have attached the two zipped files you requested below.
      If you need anything please let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

About Menu mode, please check the image attached for what I referred to.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	Menu settings.png
Views:	350
Size:	528.0 KB
ID:	389137
        Also, what is the brand and model of your player?

Comment

Thanks for the info Mona.

I always use the "Infinite Universe" menu when trying to burn a Blu ray disc.
          I have tried the burned discs on four players, all with the same result. They are:-
          Sony UBP-X700
          Sony BDP-S590
          Insignia NS-WBRDVD2
          LG BP340
          None of the players will play burned Blu rays burned using Blu ray Creator.
          They will, however play burned Blu rays created as Blu ray duplicates using the Blu ray Copy program.
          The burner used is identical for the creation of all discs..
          Last edited by Movies99; 01-19-2021, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Mona, I have purchased new blank Blu ray discs and the problem appears to have disappeared. I have burned four of these discs and all work on my tv player. Please close my original request, and thanks for your interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Movies99 View Post
              Mona, I have purchased new blank Blu ray discs and the problem appears to have disappeared. I have burned four of these discs and all work on my tv player. Please close my original request, and thanks for your interest.
              Thank you for the update, I am glad it works now.
              I will close the post.

Comment

Working...
              X