Conversion stops at 98%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conversion stops at 98%

I've been having this problem for a while -- while trying to create a DVD on a large file (7700+ KB) the converter runs until it reaches 98%, and then simply stops. The countdown goes all the way down to zero, and then sits there endlessly, while the count-up timer keeps increasing. There's no error message, but the program does not write the file to DVD. The same thing happens when I try to write to an ISO file, so the problem looks to be in the converter.

It seems that this only happens with large files. Smaller ones convert flawlessly. I have also tried this with DVDFab11, and the same thing happens, so it's not a new problem, at least on this computer.

I'm currently running Windows 10 on an older 64-bit Xeon 4-core processor with 6GB of RAM. Is there a possibility that my computer is the limitation? I can of course send log files but wasn't sure how much they'd show.

What is the file size? Please attach the dvdfab_internal log file and fabcheck_internal log file first. Thanks.

Comment

Hello again, Mona -- The file I'm trying to write to DVD is an MP4 whose size is 2.40 GB. The program says that the file, using "Fit to disc", is 7.58 GB, so it should fit onto a DL DVD.

Here are the dvdfab_internal and fabcheck_internal log files from today's attempt. I ran DVDFab 12 until the countdown had gone to 0:00:00. The CPU load was still flickering but the DVD burner once again showed no activity.
      Attached Files

Comment

We will see if we can duplicate the freeze issue with our source, if not, we may need a video from you. Thank in advance.

Comment

Mona,
          I should probably mention that ! made a post "'Fit to Disk' - how does it work?" back on April 16th, 2020, where I was having the exact same problem with a different file. The other file was also another large one, so I suspect that there's something about my system that does not work well with these big files. If I remember correctly, in April I sent the other problem file to you via FTP, and you had no problem with converting it and burning it to DVD. My system has absolutely no problem with smaller files. Could there be some problem with my computer that is causing this situation?

Comment

Hi Lance, I could not locate that post you mentioned. Do you recall the file name? Please specify, I will check again. Thanks.

Comment

Mona -- The file was Malcolm.X.1992.720p.BrRip.x264.BOKUTOX.YIFY.mp4. I sent it to you about April 23, 2020. I think I still have a screen capture of the FileZilla transfer if it would help you.
              Last edited by LanceG; 02-25-2021, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LanceG View Post
                Mona -- The file was Malcolm.X.1992.720p.BrRip.x264.BOKUTOX.YIFY.mp4. I sent it to you about April 23, 2020. I think I still have a screen capture of the FileZilla transfer if it would help you.
                I locate that file, I will passed it to the QA team again, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X