Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray Creator Fails To Initiate Burn Engine After Conversion Process

Hi guys,

I seriously need your expertise and guidance -got a strange issue here. Recently bought a new pc (Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz0 running Windows 10 Home (v. 21H1). I have a Pioneer internal Blu-ray writer (BDR -S12XLT) housed in an external caddy connected to 3.1 USB. I have successfully made back-ups of Blu-rays using Full Clone Mode in DVDFab, using either Imgburn or DVDFab's own burn engine with no issues. However, when I try to burn to disc any MP4 files downloaded using StreamFab, Blu-ray Creator goes through the conversion process no problem but when it completes this stage and whichever burn engine I've selected (should) engage and complete the burning process -nothing happens. Blu-ray Creator just sits there and does nothing.

Checking the AV/Codec settings under "Common Settings" -when the GPU codecs are selected for decoding and encoding, this is when the burn engines fail to kick it. However, if I disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding and "software" is selected instead, Blu-ray Creator initiates the burn engines and a successful burn is done!

Why does the selected burn engines not engage when the GPU codecs are selected for decoding and encoding?

This is a brand new pc, I've even had the manufacturers of this pc take remote access and check everything -it's working perfectly and there are no software issues?

What am I doing wrong?

Any and all help/suggestions/guidance is sorely welcome and appreciated...

Thanks guys.

Log.zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by littlebluealien; 08-08-2021, 07:40 AM.

Log files if anyone can make head or tail of them?

dvdfab_core.log
    burn_internal.log
    fab_burn_imgburn.log
    dvdfab_internal.log

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2021-08-06 142218.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.2 KB ID:	398826
      This just doesn't make sense to me, Imgburn states it can't find the drive, yet at the very start of the Blu-ray Creator conversion process, DVDFab not only detects and recognises the drive, but asks for appropriate media to be loaded. Under "Common Settings" Imgburn is selected as the burn engine to be used with DVDFab.... ??? But even if I change the selected burn engine from Imgburn to DVDFab's own burn engine, again, come the end of the conversion process, Fab's burn engine fails to engage also? I've run the "sfc /scannow" process several times -each returning a complete bill of health with no corrupt or damaged system files detected.
      Last edited by littlebluealien; 08-09-2021, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Some things seem wrong about the CUDA acceleration part, it's not the burning engine. The developer will check your log file and try to duplicate the issue first.

Comment

Hi Mona, thanks for looking at this for me. Am I right in interpreting your comments regarding a possible issue with the CUDA acceleration that this is a DVDFab software issue and nothing my pc is or isn't doing?
          Last edited by littlebluealien; 08-10-2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X