Edit Menu Templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Menu Templates

Will we ever be able to Edit Menu Templates? I know you can do minor edits but I can't get a template to do what I want:

I need to make a Blu ray with 3 movies, no chapters, A simple menu with 3 thumbnails that have pictures of the movies & that's it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	66117148265__330921DD-A260-424E-A662-E53C7624CBC2.JPG
Views:	1755
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	403977

I created that in ConvertXtoHD, (each movie poster is select-able to start that movie) but I'd rather use DVDFab. I've been a user of DVDFab since V8 & keep hoping this ability will be added. Right now I can only use DVDFab to create DVDs/Blu rays if I'm doing a single video with no menu.

Have you tried using the Streaming Menu Template in Blu-Ray Creator? It will pull information and Images from the Internet when you load a file.

Comment

Originally posted by DawnB View Post
      I need to make a Blu ray with 3 movies, no chapters, A simple menu with 3 thumbnails that have pictures of the movies & that's it.
      I am a beginner with this system and too am puzzled that I can't make one simple menu to click on a collection of titles. I am making DVD, not BLU-RAY, but same situation.
      There have been tools around to do this job for more than a decade, but they are discontinued and don't necessarily work with Windows 10.

Thank you for your comment to confirm that I am not doing things wrong. Perhaps there are templates that can be downloaded that implement this commonly
      desired structure. A new template seems preferable to editing the existing templates. Somebody may advise us.

For now I am satisfied to just treat "chapters" like "titles" and do one extra click from the main menu. It works well enough for my personal use.

Comment

Originally posted by sieveis View Post
        Have you tried using the Streaming Menu Template in Blu-Ray Creator? It will pull information and Images from the Internet when you load a file.
        Looks like it might work for some. This template is only available for Blu-Ray, not DVD creation.

The streaming template only appears to download info for the first title. The titles are always ordered alphabetically for both BLU-RAY & DVD templates. You can choose
        which title is displayed first (and appears on the main menu in the case of DVDs) by renaming the files you import.

Comment

Originally posted by DawnB View Post
          Will we ever be able to Edit Menu Templates? I know you can do minor edits but I can't get a template to do what I want:

Click image for larger version  Name:	66117148265__330921DD-A260-424E-A662-E53C7624CBC2.JPG Views:	237 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	403977

I created that in ConvertXtoHD, (each movie poster is select-able to start that movie) but I'd rather use DVDFab. I've been a user of DVDFab since V8 & keep hoping this ability will be added. Right now I can only use DVDFab to create DVDs/Blu rays if I'm doing a single video with no menu.
          Totally agree HuckFinn -I've also requested new menu templates for Blu-ray Creator to make it far easier to create bespoke multiple title thumbnails. I do use the current template provided with the slanted diagonal thumbnail ( a real pain-in-the-arse to make a personalised image fit). Perseverance does pay off in the end, with numerous trial and error resizing of images etc -I use Serif Photoplus x8 to manipulate my images for thumbnails. I also add bespoke background wallpapers to my Blu-rays. Mona has picked up my forum post in relation to this, now it's down to the Blu-ray Creator designer to take it on board and (hopefully) come up with some 'new' and 'user-friendly' template downloads...
          Last edited by littlebluealien; 03-31-2022, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X