No announcement yet.

Problem with subtitles (srt)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v12.0.5.5 (Win) Problem with subtitles (srt)

When I convert a movie that contains subtitles (srt) to dvd, only the first line of that subtitle works. The second line doesn't show up. If I manual add that subtitles to fab, I can edit the font size and than it works. The problem is the same for any movies. For example, "Encounter" ( At 20:19 min) from amazon, the english subtitle works perfectly when playing the MKV file but after converting to DVD, only the first subtitle line works. I believe the font size (By default) is too big.

The first image is the MKV file, second is the DVD TS file after converting. I can not change the font size when the srt is in the mkv file. Maybe the programmers can change the default font size so that both lines would show up.

Before converting
    After converting to dvd
    Last edited by alliyance; 12-18-2021, 02:16 PM.

Like I mentioned above, external SRT works but the "font" chosen is distorded during the compression from HD to DVD. See above picture. If I take the same MKV file and convert it to BD, it works perfectly. I haven't include the internal log cause I figure it won't help and your technician can run a few test with any "MKV 1080p" file with a external srt to DVD and the result will be the same.

Wish the internal srt from mkv would work though because the process is a bit longer with the external srt. If your programmer can fix the problem by changing the default setting to 16 in size and Arial or calibri as font would be best.

Comment

Could you please send one of these kinds of short MKV files to us? Please provide the latest dvdfab_internal log file as well. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post
        Could you please send one of these kinds of short MKV files to us? Please provide the latest dvdfab_internal log file as well. Thanks.
        Uploaded a MKV video with english srt. I wasn't able to cut that video and keep the srt. So I uploaded the entire mkv 1.4G

When converted to dvd, the second line of the SRT doesn't show up and the size is too big. If possible, resize (20 to 16) and the font is a bit crocked, not a perfect " Arial"

Filename is " Problem with SRT "

Internal log was reset and kept only that video which I uploaded.
        Attached Files

Comment

Okay, we will download and check, thank you for your support.

Comment

Working...
          X