VHS to Digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VHS to Digital

I was under the assumption that DVD creator could read VHS tapes off a player and convert them to digital. Is this not the case? When I plug my VHS player into the PC via an adapter cord (RCA TO USB) the PC doesn't recognize the player at all. Any help would be appreciated.

I don't believe there is anything in a VHS tape player that a computer would recognize. Your only hope is most likely whatever adapter you are using. I assume your adapter has inputs for composite video, left + right audio connectors & maybe a s-video connector also? And a USB output connector. Did it come with any software? What brand is the adapter?
    Last edited by Rich86; 12-30-2022, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THawk View Post
      I was under the assumption that DVD creator could read VHS tapes off a player and convert them to digital. Is this not the case? When I plug my VHS player into the PC via an adapter cord (RCA TO USB) the PC doesn't recognize the player at all. Any help would be appreciated.
      your RCA to USB adapter should have some software with it to allow you to transfer your VHS tapes to PC.
      from there, you can use dvdfab to convert them to digital.

Comment

Thanks for the input. My research yielded the same information. I need an adapter with software that can read the VHS and digitize. Thanks again

Comment

Thanks Rich

Comment

Working...
          X