Issues with Version 13.0.0.2 Blu ray Creator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with Version 13.0.0.2 Blu ray Creator

While test driving the new 13.0.0.2 Blu ray Creator- I noticed some issues that were not present in the previous versions.

1) You can no longer drag and drop files to reorder them. This was a feature in the previous versions.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	title list.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	432448

2) Any custom thumbnails added in the menu page automatically disappear when you leave the menu page, and are replaced with default thumbnails.
    Once you leave the menu page to start the process of burning or creating an Iso, the custom thumbnails have been erased and replaced with default thumbnails.

The action of leaving the menu page always resets the custom thumbnails back to default.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0387.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	432449

Please see if these issues can be fixed. I have reverted to an older 12.0 version where these issues don't exist.

thank you!
    Mona
    Last edited by C.C. 95; 11-03-2023, 06:05 AM.

Hi C.C. 95,

Experiencing the exact same issues -and it's been an absolute nightmare trying to get someone with the slightest intelligence at DVDFab to not only understand what I've been explaining to them, but for them to actually do anything serious about getting it resolved... I refer you to my latest ticket response..

I too have reverted back to using v. 12.1.1.5 and will remain with this until at some point in the distant future this issue is finally acknowledged and fixed.

Originally posted by thewhitewizard View Post
    Would someone with more competence please action my ticket titled: Blu-ray Creator (V.13.0.0.0) Menu Failure To Personalise. And refer the issue raised to the Developer. I do not require useless suggestions like "..Please right-click on DVDFab to run it as administrator and try again.." which is complete common sense and would have been tried before contacting you in the first place to raise a ticket!

It is becoming absolutely clear that it is now pointless bringing any issues to DVDFab for resolution due to the incompetence of the agents being tasked with overseeing the tickets!

Thank you.

Richard. ​
    Last edited by littlebluealien; 11-03-2023, 09:09 AM.

Comment

And still even with version 13 when you've burnt a Prime or Netflix video to bluray the subtitles default to ON . With a series you have to manually switch them off when every single episode starts. This has been going on for a couple of years now yet nothing is done and it doesn't affect Disney

Comment

Originally posted by thewhitewizard View Post
        Hi C.C. 95,

Experiencing the exact same issues -and it's been an absolute nightmare trying to get someone with the slightest intelligence at DVDFab to not only understand what I've been explaining to them, but for them to actually do anything serious about getting it resolved... I refer you to my latest ticket response..

I too have reverted back to using v. 12.1.1.5 and will remain with this until at some point in the distant future this issue is finally acknowledged and fixed.

Hi littlebluealien
        - I feel your pain!
        Hopefully Mona will Notice and pass it on. The code for these features existed in 12.0- so it would seem fairly easy to just put that over to the new version. Right?
        Last edited by C.C. 95; 11-05-2023, 03:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by phelings View Post
          And still even with version 13 when you've burnt a Prime or Netflix video to bluray the subtitles default to ON . With a series you have to manually switch them off when every single episode starts. This has been going on for a couple of years now yet nothing is done and it doesn't affect Disney
          Hi phelings !
          There IS a workaround for that. What I did was create a "dummy" SRT file that has nothing in it. Then I use TSMUXER or MKVTOONIX to mux everything together, making sure that the "dummy" SRT comes before the real subtitle SRT.

So when you play the disc, it DOES still default to the first subtitle- but there are no subs inside the srt file- so nothing will show on screen.
          if you want to use the actual subtitles you simply choose the second subtitle, which is the real one.
          Last edited by C.C. 95; 11-05-2023, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. 95 View Post
            While test driving the new 13.0.0.2 Blu ray Creator- I noticed some issues that were not present in the previous versions.

1) You can no longer drag and drop files to reorder them. This was a feature in the previous versions.
            Click image for larger version Name:	title list.jpg Views:	0 Size:	29.8 KB ID:	432448

2) Any custom thumbnails added in the menu page automatically disappear when you leave the menu page, and are replaced with default thumbnails.
            Once you leave the menu page to start the process of burning or creating an Iso, the custom thumbnails have been erased and replaced with default thumbnails.

The action of leaving the menu page always resets the custom thumbnails back to default.

Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0387.jpg Views:	0 Size:	50.6 KB ID:	432449

Please see if these issues can be fixed. I have reverted to an older 12.0 version where these issues don't exist.

thank you!
            Mona
            It‘s been passed onto the QA team.

Comment

Originally posted by C.C. 95 View Post
              Hi phelings !
              There IS a workaround for that. What I did was create a "dummy" SRT file that has nothing in it. Then I use TSMUXER or MKVTOONIX to mux everything together, making sure that the "dummy" SRT comes before the real subtitle SRT.

So when you play the disc, it DOES still default to the first subtitle- but there are no subs inside the srt file- so nothing will show on screen.
              if you want to use the actual subtitles you simply choose the second subtitle, which is the real one.
              Thanks for the tips but that sounds like more trouble than switching the subs off. I guess after 2 years of this problem its too much to expect the program to work properly like it used to

Comment

Curious. I downloaded an HD movie from Amazon last week and the Bluray Creator disc once again had subs default to on. However yesterday I downloaded some SD content and burning to dvd and bluray resulted in correct discs with subs off and working when switched on with remote.

Comment

Bluray Creator fails to burn to BD RE discs in version 13. Kept telling me the disc address was invalid . Assumed my old BDRE was worn out so purchased 2 brand new discs only to find the same thing happened. Of course it still works ok on DVD FAB 12 so will keep using that although that has the subtitle problem. Good job these are not monthly subs or they'd go out of business as no program ever works 100% with so called updates usually messing something up that has worked previously.

Comment

Bluray Creator fails to burn to BD RE discs in version 13. Kept telling me the disc address was invalid . Assumed my old BDRE was worn out so purchased 2 brand new discs only to find the same thing happened. Of course it still works ok on DVD FAB 12 so will keep using that although that has the subtitle problem. Good job these are not monthly subs or they'd go out of business as no program ever works 100% with so called updates usually messing something up that has worked previously.
                    Please send the log files from about DVDFab 13 and DVDFab 12 to us to better check it. Thanks.

Comment

DVD Fab 12 works fine with BDRE so I will use that until the problem is sorted with 13. Not as if 13 offers much improvement anyway. The issue with subtitles defaulting to on is the same with both versions

Comment

About the burning to BDRE discs problem you reported, we could not duplicate it with v13006. To continue to check the problem, we still need your log files from both v13 and v12.

Comment

Working...
                        X