Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray looks a bit grainy and video player question...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray looks a bit grainy and video player question...

Hello,

MY CONFIGURATION:
    ~Windows 7 PRO x64
    ~LG Super-Multi Blu-ray player
    ~Gigabyte MOBO with integrated AMD Radeon 4200 HD Series
    ~Dual 750GB WD Green HDD Mirrored
    ~One 2TB HDD for Blu-Ray movie back-up storage
    ~HDMI output to 40" 1080p Sony Bravia and 23" 720p
    ~HDMI output for sound to 23" TV as well as OPTICAL output to stereo system using 5.1

I just bought DVDFab today with the Blu-Ray to Blu-Ray deal. To test it out I done a FULL DISK BURN of Spiderman 3 from Blu-Ray to my HDD. I am just going straight to my HDD because I have no real interest in burning back to disc. Then, I tried to play it with my PowerDVD BD Edition but it had no sound. So, I then tried it in Media Player but it was in French. I came here and seen a thread that suggested the VLC Player so I got that and now I have good synched sound and video. However, I personally feel it looks slightly grainy in all the media players I mentioned and it also glitched in a few places during the movie with a bunch of color blocks flashing across the screen. So, I to get to the point here...

1.) Any suggestions on how I am burning to get that true quality I get when I put the Blu-ray disc in my drive because it sure does not skip or look grainy when I put it in the player.

2.) Any suggestions on the "perfect" player to use? Currently, since I am just burning to HDD I don't get any menus or anything. Any suggestions on that as well would be awesome.

THANKS!!!

Make it an iso instead and mount it using virtual clone drive and it should work in PowerDVD 9.

Comment

Not sure how...

Thanks for the help but I can't say I am on the up and up with what you are talking about. I do not know how to use a virtual clone drive nor do I know how to mount it to it. Can anyone give me some good reference material to get in on this action? Yes, I know... I should already know that but I don't.

Comment

Thats simple enough...!

Well, I just looked up the software to do the Virtual CloneDrive. SWEET! That is simple and awesome. I have never had any reason to use one so I did not really know anything about it. That seems very easy and simple to use. THANKS!!!!!! CHEERS!!!!!!!!

Comment

so did you get it to work with sound and video on PowerDVD 9?

Comment

Update to rekd0514-----

To: rekd0514- --Thanks for the help. I have you an update on how everything worked out for me. My LG Blu-ray player came with PowerDVD BD Edition. So, I used DVDFab to create the iso image of 4 Blur-rays and used Virtual CloneDrive to play them; so far they ALL PLAY PERFECTLY on PowerDVD BD Edition. They look great, have all the menus, and actually SOUND great! I greatly appreciate your help and I can now say without hesitation that I would HIGHLY recommend DVDFab to others. This is the greatest thing ever!!!!!
            Last edited by astronomical; 11-04-2009, 02:36 PM.

Comment

No problem. I am glad it worked for you.

Comment

Working...
              X