What is Remove HD Audio for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Remove HD Audio for?

Hello;why would you want to remove HD Audio? Is it for a better Picture when you have a 50GB Disc,putting onto a 25GB Disc? Thanks for any info on this.

Originally posted by lordgalla View Post
    Hello;why would you want to remove HD Audio? Is it for a better Picture when you have a 50GB Disc,putting onto a 25GB Disc? Thanks for any info on this.
    From what I understand, you need special equipment to receive the HD audio, kinda like DTS audio in DVD's. The audio file is fairly big, so if you can't use it anyway, you might want to remove it and make more room for the actual movie. I'm not sure what kind of difference it makes though, but shouldn't hurt.

Comment

Saving space is one consideration.
      Also, various players, in particular, many media players will not support true HD audio
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Williamcl View Post
        From what I understand, you need special equipment to receive the HD audio, kinda like DTS audio in DVD's. The audio file is fairly big, so if you can't use it anyway, you might want to remove it and make more room for the actual movie. I'm not sure what kind of difference it makes though, but shouldn't hurt.
        I have a Sony-BDP-S560 Blu-Ray Player on my Sony Bravia 46" LCD Tv,and a Sony STR-DG720 7.1 Reciever.That's why I asked about this HD Audio,If it would make a difference in the sound on playback on this system. The player say's it has Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD internal decoding and bitstream output via HDMI. Thankyou for the info.

Comment

Working...
        X