Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression times

Hi,

Following advice from this forum, I ripped a bluray to the hard drive (about 40 mins). I downloaded ImgBurn and set it up.
    But when I open the ripped file in DVDFab it still takes 7 hours to compress it to fit a BD25. Am I doing anything wrong.

I tried writing these files (using ImgBurn) which did it quite quick onto 2 discs - problem there is when put into the player it says "unkown disc".

Any assistance would be welcomed...

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
    Hi,

Following advice from this forum, I ripped a bluray to the hard drive (about 40 mins). I downloaded ImgBurn and set it up.
    But when I open the ripped file in DVDFab it still takes 7 hours to compress it to fit a BD25. Am I doing anything wrong.

I tried writing these files (using ImgBurn) which did it quite quick onto 2 discs - problem there is when put into the player it says "unkown disc".

Any assistance would be welcomed...

your computer what kind?
    CPU,RAM,OS,GPU
    Windows 7 64bit ultimate
    CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
    RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
    GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
    SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
    HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
    PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Hi, Grandad,

Please open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", click on "Reset DMA" to see the result.

Please play these two discs on your computer to see if you can play them smoothly and post back.

Sincerely Yours
      Malcolm Wang

Comment

I have reset DMA with no change.
        I cannot play Bluray on my pc I just use it to rip the bluray discs.
        I have copied bluray before with no problem. The problem starts when the original exceeds 25gb as it needs compressing to fit the blank disc.
        Bluray less than 25gb copies within 40 mins or so and do play ok.

Comment

are you using the CPU or GPU to encode? what gpu/cpu do you have?

Comment

The problem starts when the original exceeds 25gb as it needs compressing to fit the blank disc.
            Bluray less than 25gb copies within 40 mins or so and do play ok.
            Hi Grandad,

1.Please install DVDFab 8.0.5.6 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm to compress and burn to see the result.

2.Please compress your movie files on the computer instead of compressing from disc to disc.

Comment

Cpu/gpu

CPU Core 2 2.13GHz
              RAM 3.25GB
              GPU NVidia GeForce 7300LE

I know the GPU is insufficient, but I don't want to watch blu ray on the PC, all I want to do is copy it. And, according to FabDVD a 2.13GHz CPU is adequate.

Comment

CPU Core 2 2.13GHz
                RAM 3.25GB

I know the GPU is insufficient, but I don't want to watch blu ray on the PC, all I want to do is copy it. And, according to FabDVD a 2.13GHz CPU is adequate.
                I have that set up on my work pc, yes it takes about 5-6 hours to compress
                to BD25 and BD9. try v8059 New: Lightning-Recoding technology to accelerate H.264 software decoding and encoding. In our test, it will speed up 20%-40% for pure software decoder/encoder, very helpful for user who doesn't have a nVidia CUDA card.
                Windows 7 64bit ultimate
                CPU: i7 4770K @4.5 vcore@1.28v temps 27c/67c
                RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133
                GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2GB
                SSD: 2 X 60GB OCZ vertex 3 RAID 0 (boot drive)
                HHD: 1 TB WD BLK (storage and back up)
                PSU: 760W ,Fans 1x200mm and 2x120mm

Comment

Working...
                X