Play issues with copied Blu Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Play issues with copied Blu Ray

I have copied full disc version of Knight and Day blue ray to iso file with DvdFab 8.005 then burnt to rewritable 50gb blu ray disc (using ImgBurn) and when I play the disc in two blue ray players (Panasonic and Samsung) it says on screen with message in red (the message obviously being played from disc) "Your blu-ray player requires an update in order to play this disc". It then tells you to follow instructions from your manufacturer to update this. However both blue ray players have the latest update. I cannot get passed this screen

When I put in the orignal blue ray disc in these players a message comes up with a different message (this time in black) saying "This blu-ray has been manufactured to the latest blu-ray disc standards. To ensure the best possible experience, your blu-ray player may require an update. If you experience problems playing this disc, please visit blu-raydisc.com or consult your blu-ray manufacturer for details on updating..." But after about 10 seconds of playing this message it proceeds to the main menu and plays fine.

Other blue-rays I have done have been fine but this movie seems tpo be an issue. Anyone else have this problem? Is DvdFab causing this or the movie have restrictions?

Vizio VBR110 does the same thing

I experience the same issue with "Knight and Day". Only when I eliminate the internet connectivity to the Vizio player will this title play. Another player I own, a Samsung BDP-2550, will not play the disc regardless of the connectivity. There are apparently a number of variations and permutations of this protection scheme. "Sorcerer's Apprentice" plays fine on the Vizio, but not at all on the Samsungl. It's probably in the Menu Java code, so it will be a long time, if ever, before we will see these issues fixed.

Comment

This is not a DVDFab issue but rather a Blu-ray player issue. Do what the player said visit blu-raydisc.com or consult your blu-ray manufacturer for details on updating

Comment

As I indicated in my post my updates for the blue-ray players are up to date. Well if it is a blu-ray player issue, i have just tried it in my computer and it does not play as well. I then tried it on a fourth device the Playstation 3. I made sure the latest update was done just done before inserting disc and same warning in red and disc won't play beyond this.

I then decided to start from scratch and try it as main movie this time. I put the ORIGNAL disc in DvdFab and chose Main Movie and chose to save as iso file on my hard drive and start copying process. It starts for about 5 seconds and crashes (DvdFab 8 has encountered a problem and needs to close....).

Comment

Hi Lionels,

Please install DVDFab 8.0.5.6 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm to see the result.

Comment

Hi, LionelS
            Please post the internal.log about DVDFab crashes, we need more info to help you.
            Link to C:\Users\username\Documents\DVDFab\Log.
            Thanks.

Comment

Yeah sure I sent the log it asks for when the crash happens so the guys that analyse this data should have had this a few hours ago.

Comment

I have just updated to version 8.0.5.6 and guess what it all works great. Full version of the blu-ray copied disc plays no problem now. Also am now able to copy main movie as ISO file to hard drive. So it appears it was a Dvdab issue. Somewhere between the update from 8.0.0.5 to 8.0.5.6 the fix for this has resolved the issue.

Thanks everyone with suggestions and input. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                X