Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black level on compressed movie way off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black level on compressed movie way off.

Hi:

I am new to Blu-Ray copying. I am using a Windows 7 computer with DXVA decoding on the movies. My Blu-ray drive is a Pioneer BDR-205. I have noticed something. Whenever any compression is used, my copy has really bad black levels. It appears the contrast level is way off. I get no true blacks. When I compare the original to the copy, the difference in contrast stands out. Can anyone help me figure this out. Why is the copy shifting the black level of the video way up so I get no real blacks.

Thanks

Do you have an ATI card? If memory serves it was related to a setting with those cards but can't remember what it was exactly.

Comment

Yes, I have an ATI card. Any idea where I could find what the setting is?

Comment

This issue was first reported in the German forums. Blazkowicz is a moderator there so hopefully he will know the fix or may have a good suggestion. I'll pm him and alert him to this thread.

Comment

W&B Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
            W&B Thanks for any help you can give me.
            Check 'green tick' > Custom Settings > General > AV Codec ...

Then set all to software, good luck.

Comment

Hi Mason

Please post internal log, more info more help.

Link to: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Thanks.

Comment

Salusa has posted the solution for this problem. Don't know why CUDA/DXVA is still buggy
                人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

I must have read of a work around posted by another member (long ago) in the ATI control panel similar to NVidia's control panel? Setting to software would be much easier for the time being.

Comment

Thanks Guys

I set the decoder to Software to see if it would fix the problem. It did. The Black level is OK when I changed the decoder from DXVA to Software. The processor works a bit harder (95%) and the temperature of the processor goes up to 142 degrees F. It also takes a little longer to decode (I believe) but it works. It would be nice if I could figure out how to use the DXVA, but for the time being I will use software.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

I am running a I7 860 processor (no overclocking) with the OEM fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
                      The processor works a bit harder (95%) and the temperature of the processor goes up to 142 degrees F.
                      Hi Mason
                      If your temperature is getting up that high I would consider getting a better cooling fan, also do not forget the Thermal grease.
                      If you have never cleaned your computer maybe it just needs to be blown out with a can of compressed air.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                        Hi Mason
                        If your temperature is getting up that high I would consider getting a better cooling fan, also do not forget the Thermal grease.
                        If you have never cleaned your computer maybe it just needs to be blown out with a can of compressed air.
                        CBR929
                        thats only 61.1 deg Celsius. plenty low for a cpu temp.

Comment

Working...
                        X