Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to play ripped Blu-Ray files?

Hello:

I just ripped a Blu-Ray disk to my hard drive and have a series of files and folders, the largest of which is 22GB (the 00001.m2ts file in the STREAM folder).

Now what? (The file structure isn't recognized by any software on my computer - I have Windows Vista with WMP11, Power DVD 8 for Blu-Ray, and DVD Fab HD). How do I play the movie now that I've ripped it to the hard drive?

Thanks,

Keith
    Last edited by sktn77a; 12-14-2010, 03:45 AM.

You need to obtain more current software than the outdated SH1T that you are trying to use or you could try some of the good freebies, VLC and/or Media Player Classic HomeCinema.

Use google, you'll be amazed what you will find !!!

If you are going to get into this, you need to be able to research/problem solve some of the things yourself.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Gee, thanks for that very helpful reply!

Anybody got a useful comment (I thought fora were for people to help each other; maybe I was wrong).

Keith

Comment

The useful part was:

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
        ...try some of the good freebies, VLC and/or Media Player Classic HomeCinema.
        And stay off his lawn!

Comment

This post was meant to be helpful.

1. You are using outmoded software on your computer.
          2. You were pointed to where you can obtain FREE software that outperforms the outmoded crap you were using.
          3. I pointed out that you also need to be able to also help yourself. There are more than sufficient posts on this forum alone about the problems that you were having.

Do you want us to hold your hand or as my good friend, IPopov says, give you a kiss?

Originally posted by sktn77a View Post
          Gee, thanks for that very helpful reply!

Anybody got a useful comment (I thought fora were for people to help each other; maybe I was wrong).

Keith
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy, you always remind me of a Australian version of Clint Eastwood in Gran Torino. You can be very helpful but you still get surprised and annoyed when people aren't able or willing to help themselves.

Comment

How to play ripped Blu-Ray files?

I just ripped a Blu-Ray disk to my hard drive and have a series of files and folders, the largest of which is 22GB (the 00001.m2ts file in the STREAM folder).
              Please make sure you are using the latest version of PowerDVD and try to play the 00001.m2ts file to see the result.
              ________
              Body science
              Attached Files
              Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X