program crashes when loading disc image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

program crashes when loading disc image

Having a hard time with this program :-/. I downloaded the trial I'm assuming here, soni could test out ONE feature, and see if it's worth making a purchase for. Here's my issue:

I have a blu-ray disc image I created with Adobe Encore. The material is all shot with my iwn camcorder, so the entire disc is all my own material. The disc image is 48 gb. I want to do a test burn on a bd-DL re, but mine is 46 gb (side rant, why the freak... do I have to format a bd-re, and why the freak... Does it act like a hardrive with a % of space allocated for non use? Why do the bd-re's do this, and no cd-rws or DVD-rws?) adobe won't burn it to disc because there's not enough space, so I was wanting to use DVD-fabs compression ability to compress the disc to fit available space. When I open fab up, and choose the copy movie option, choose destination as bd-re drive, then source as the disc image, the program crashes and closes with a box to send a crash report. I put in a store bought blu-ray and that works :-/ but for some reason it doesn't wanna load a disc image I created. The image had no errors in adobe, and using a virtual drive the disc works fine in the computer. But I want to test in a set-top before doing an official burn. Any help?

Win 7 x64
    8 gb ram
    Nvidia cuda gpu
    2 1 tb hard drives
    Most recent dvd-fab blu-ray copy version

Hi K_huntington:
    Which the type of your camcorder is? We need more info of your disc image.
    It's better to attach the crash log. When the Blu-ray Report-Info pop up, please click Save button to get the crashdump.dmp file.

Potti

Comment

Well the cam really shouldn't be a factor at all, it's an old sonyhandycam 8mm. But I've made 5 discs already with footage taken from this cam... This is the first disc I made where I went beyond the stupid discs "allocated size" (gimme a break). I have an old old version of DVD fab (3 I think?) so I remembered it being able to compress footage to disc size if it exceeds the size, so i figured I'd download the trial to see if it worked as well for blu-ray.

I'll post a crash report when I get home. At work at the moment.

Comment

actually what 1st! Blood% asked is important as DVDFab can only compress and burn DVD/Blu-ray compliant format

Comment

Sorry for my questions, but they are confuse me. What is the storage Media of your sony handycam? 8mm, is it mean "BD-R/BD-RW? (I think it is not DVD-R/DVD-RW...)What is the directory of the output? BDMV or BDAV?
          Looking forward to your details.

Potti

Comment

It IS complant. I used adobe encore with blu-ray preset. The video was captured as AVI, then Transcoded to blu-ray compliant m2v with premiere pro. The audio is ac3. Then encore packaged it uP to a blu-ray disc image. It doesn't matter what camera. I could take a 3gp cell phone video and make it blu-ray compliant after transcode, so that's a non issue. I still am somewhat soured that I don't get to use every single kb on these erasable BD-REs. What a buzz kill. :-/

Comment

You should try a different software that converts avi to a compliant blu-ray folder structure instead, and then burn that. It might work better.
              SPECS
              DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
              SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

ok i included the whole crash report zip file. the image is created with a BDMV folder. still any help?
                Attached Files

Comment

Please try latest Beta 8.0.5.8, probably it got fixed along.
                  人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                  Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

K_huntington
                    Let me get this straight, you have a Blu-Ray compliant rip on your Hdd...the same as if you ripped it from a Blu-Ray disc and Fab is crashing....
                    If so Open Fab click the Click the ? click about what does it say under the options, according to your logs it looks like your trial ran out.
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Umm yeah it says going to "try" Blu-ray Copy option, then if you look in his logs it lists every option as bought.
                      SPECS
                      DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                      SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Originally posted by Racem22 View Post
                        Umm yeah it says going to "try" Blu-ray Copy option, then if you look in his logs it lists every option as bought.
                        Try looking father down in the log:
                        0m 00.79s: option dvd2dvd 0 dvd2mobile 0 bluray2bluray 0 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 0

CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X