Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retaining TrueHD/DTS Master when copying

Hello,

First time here posting. What I want to do is copy my Blu Ray dvd's to the BDR25 size media. If the main movie and TrueHD/DTS Master audio is larger than this size, will DVDFab allow me to retain this audio but compress the video? I believe I read that sometimes you won't be able to retain the TrueHD/DTS Master audio if the file size is too large and you will have leave it off the copy. All I want to copy is the main movie and not entire disc. BDR50 media is still kind of expensive at the moment so I'm hoping this will work.

Waiting for my burner to arrive at home but here's my method that I will attempt to follow:
    1) write entire disc to hard drive.
    2) select main movie/TrueHD/DTS audio and compress to another file on hard drive.
    3) write blank BDR25 with ImgBurn.

Any advice or guidance appreciated. Trying to keep this is as simple as possible and really don't want to have to use other s/w to do this. Have read that DVDFab has capability that I need and will 'keep it simple'. Thanks.

Yes you can maintain the true-hd/dts. Dvd fab will compress the movie to fit on a bd-r 25. You can choose what audio you want when you are just copying the main movie. I usually only keep the dts-hd. I remove the other audio such as the different languages so dvd fab doesn't have to compress as much as if you would keep all of the audio on the dvd. Since all you want is the dts/hd this is the best thing to do. I also remove all of the subtitles. This all helps so you don't have to compress as much. All you have to do is click which ones you want to keep or get rid of.

I just use the dvdfab software and don't use img.burn. You can select main movie on dvd fab and copy the main movie only without having to copy the entire dvd on your hard drive. This is by far the easiest way. You can pick and choose what audio you want on the dvd fab movie only copy. Just click and choose.

Comment

Originally posted by chevyavalanche View Post
      here's my method that I will attempt to follow:
      1) write entire disc to hard drive.
      2) select main movie/TrueHD/DTS audio and compress to another file on hard drive.
      3) write blank BDR25 with ImgBurn.
      This is a right way to do your copies. In fact, this is the only right way to do it. Although you have choice do write your content using ImgBurn in association with DVDFab or separately (makes no difference if set up correctly), general practice of ripping to HDD and process to/from HDD highly recommended by experts and developers.
      In terms of HD audio, it shoulnd't be an issue for you at all, since you compressing to BD25. You have plenty of room there.
      It becoming an issue when you trying to compress down to BD5 or BD9, but in your case you are OK, and you won't experience much of visible quality loss, or in most of the cases, no losses at all.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Thanks for the replies! Sounds like I was on the right track.

quick question: is AC-3 (5.1 DD) embedded in the TrueHD or DTS audio tracks or is it a separate track?

Comment

Originally posted by chevyavalanche View Post
          Thanks for the replies! Sounds like I was on the right track.

quick question: is AC-3 (5.1 DD) embedded in the TrueHD or DTS audio tracks or is it a separate track?
          AC-3 is one of the Dolby Digital formats. DTS however have two-fold structure "core" and HD overhead.
          When you see separate AC-3 track along with TrueHD track, most likely AC-3 is ether commentary and/or special track for blind.
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
          X