Media inserted is not Blu-Ray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Media inserted is not Blu-Ray

I get is error ever since i upgraded to v8.0.5.6. i have switched to imageburn and it helps sometimes and sometimes using the VSO Burning engine works. sometimes switching back and forth works. Now i am just fed up with this. Ever since I went to v8.0.5.6 I have been having little issues like this and wonder whats going on. its the full version not trial. i have also uninstalled and reinstalled more times than i can count with the same result. i am using Memorex Blu-Rays, single layer. someone please help.

Error Detail Is Missing?

Hi, Twenty Valve,

When you say "Error", please describe the error message exactly. The more information you offer, the more effective assistance we provide.

Or, please post your log files.

The default location is:

For Win7--C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista--C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP--C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Sincerely Yours
    Malcolm Wang

Comment

Hi, Twenty Valve
      1. Please channge another brand disc to test.
      2. Please play this disc on PC using software player to test.
      Thanks.

Comment

the message comes up when you press start and it scans the media. there is no log of the issue because nothing happens, it spits out the disc and waits for more media to be inserted. here is a screen cap.

i think i found the solution. it seems this only happens when i try to work from an iso file. when i compressed to a folder then went back to bur it worked no problem. unfortunately that was my last BD disc. i will have to wait until next week when i get more discs to see if this is the case.

Comment

Hi all - I'm new to the Blu-Ray copy procedures and a very happy fan of the DVD back up/copy experience.

Upon my first attempt to use the Blu-Ray copy, I got the fabcore engine not working message.

I reinstalled as administrator like suggested.

I also burned the uncompressed (50gb) image to my hard drive like suggested.

My second attempt at creating a back up, my DVDFab said that the blu-ray media was not recognized (I have a Plextor PX-B940SA and used Memorex BD25 disks).

So I followed the advice to install and utilize the ImgBurn software as the burning engine. The youtube video was helpful that shared how to use the ImgBurn with DVDFab.

... but even after I did that, my media was not recognized.

I finally was able to get my disk burned by using "main move" from the Full Movie folder that was on my hard drive. This is after doing all of the other steps above.

So I'm not sure if this will help, but I thought I'd write.

Comment

@
            Twenty Valve

Try mounting the iso to a virtual drive like the Free DVDFab Virtual Drive http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10128 to see if you can burn to blank

Comment

I forgot to mention - putting the blank Blu-Ray in, and then opening DVDFab about 30 seconds later - seemed to help

Comment

@ AGJ

the iso i am using is the 1 to 1 image. from that i compress and burn to disc. when i get some more Blu-Ray discs i can do some more experimenting and find the exact issue.

is there any blank BD-R discs that seem to work better than others? i have been a big fan of Memorex and have been using them for over 5 years. this was the first spindle of BD-R's from them. can anyone recommend any other brands?

Comment

If you don't care about cost as much, Verbatim are always a good choice. If you want a decent priced disc, try the Optical Quantums from newegg(or wherever). They seem to work pretty good.
                  SPECS
                  DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                  SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

I'm pretty sure It's got nothing to do with the media. The way I've gotten around this is to shut down the program and then restart it.

It always seems to happen when i've already ripped a BD title and now wish to either rip a new title or burn from a file. In other words i finished one function and now wish to proceed to another function manually.

I never have this problem if i'm ripping straight to dvd or an uncompressed BD25.

Comment

DVDFab reads my verbatim single layer discs as dual layers and won't read my verbatim dual layer discs at all.. get the same basic screen as you. There is a problem and I hope they actually fix it soon... I make mostly clone's and burn the discs using imgburn outside of dvdfab for best results. It's a pain but I've done 6 backups in a row w/ no coasters.

Comment

ok, i have more BD-R's and have done a few tests. i start by ripping the disc to my HDD so i have a perfect 1:1 iso copy. from here if i try to compress and burn to disc by selecting my burner as the output source i get the message, "media inserted is not blu-ray" everytime. if i compress to a folder as my output source and then after use that folder as my source and output to my burner it works just fine everytime, no message.

so it seems i can't go from 1:1 iso to compressed burning, i need to compress to a folder first. this is very odd and adds a step but as long as i can burn my back ups then im ok with it.

Comment

I use optical quantium bd-r25gb and have had no problems. They are much cheaper then verbatium and seem to work just as good. I buy them at supermediastore.com. 9.99 for a pack of 10.

Comment

Im having the same issue when I try to copy a full disc. My Verbatim SL are not recognized as well as SL WinData.

Ive copied and burned with IMGBurn on WinData just the main movie, but that process is also intermittent.

Whats the deal here? Is the prog only good when you are not trying to compress the image?

Seems like that is the whole point of using this software, otherwise I would have stuck with AnyDVD and Nero.

Have DVDFab developers had any input on this?

Comment

so i updated to v8.0.6.5 and burned Hitman with no problems as it doesn't require compression. today i go to burn Sahara, another that doesn't require compression, and i get the error message again, media inserted is not blu-ray. i can't burn any BD-Rs now. i am back to square one again. now i am getting very frustrated. i really hate the response, "try the new version". if they didn't specifically fix the issue in the new release then how do they think the problem will magically fix itself.

i do have to say, other than this, i have had no issues with the program and do love it. just wish all of it would work.

Comment

Working...
                              X