Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Independence Day Bluray Clone won't play

Hello Everyone,

I am just dropping in to report an issue with cloning the Independence Day Bluray. I think the word 'clone' is a bit of an over statement, when time and time again, a player will play an original but will not play a clone. I did get a 'Main Movie' copy to work and when looking at the titles listed when I selected main movie, I believe this may point at why the clone failed.

With the clone, my Panasonic DMP-BD65 reads it, recognises it as a Bluray disc (shows BD in display) then moves on to play it and simply stops with PLAY in the display. After this occurred, I am thinking to myself, not another clone that won't play, so I reload the original into my PC's bluray burner, load up DVDFab (8.0.5.6) and click main movie. When I do this, I notice it shows Title 1 and Title 8, both of duration of 2hr 28 mins and DVDFab has defaulted to selecting Title 8. Not knowing which was right or if it didn't matter, I ejected the disc and put it in my standalone Panasonic to play it and see what title it played. I can now see it is playing Title 1. I eject it and put it back in bluray burner, go back to DVDFab, select main movie and pick Title 1 rather than the default selected Title 8. I rip it to the HDD and use ImgBurn to write to disc and the main movie disc now plays fine.

This maybe why the clone is failing because it is trying to play Title 8, or for all I know, has nothing to do with why the clone failed. Having many clones of various movies fail, I am leaning towards believing the clone method really isn't doing it's job correctly and make a perfect replica of a disc, if it did why don't some of them play. Each of the clones that fail, when I play the original, they have a software feature on the disc that might be a overlay menu or something else loading up prior to seeing the movie or menu and I think it's probably these things that are being overlooked or misread by the cloning process.

My equipment and steps used on Indpendence Day are the exact same I use where some discs play and some don't. This wouldn't be such an issue if it didn't take 4 or 5hrs to do and the blanks were the price of DVDs, but with this in mind, the hit & miss is really an issue.

For the record, my equipment is:
    i5 system, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd, Windows 7
    Panasonic UJ-230 bluray burner connected via USB
    Panasonic DMP-BD65 standalone bluray player
    DVDFab v8.0.5.6
    ImgBurn release just updated to latest.
    Burn speed at 2x
    Blank Media TDK BD-R 50gb and JVC BD-R 50gb

The ImgBurn logs show everything completed successfully.

I have reported this exact same issue with The Day After Tomorrow and several releases of DVDFab since still haven't fixed the issues. There has got to be something going on with the cloning process and the way DVDFab decides what is the main title on the disc.

Lets hope someone can read this and have a think that maybe something isn't quite right with the reading engine of DVDFAB. Cheers.

Would be good if you posted the Internal and burn logs which are located in document-dvdfab-log. As a work around you can do Full Disc instead of Clone and that will give you everything that on original Blu-ray as well

Comment

this title wont play on my ps3 at all. but that was month ago when i tried.

Comment

Working...
      X