Help with 3D Blu ray copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with 3D Blu ray copy

I have a few questions and hope you can help. I'm trying to copy a Shrek 3DBR. When the files come up I see the feature movie on the disc twice. I'm assuming one is a 2D version and one is a 3D version. Both have the same specs though. How do I know which is which? If I want both but not the other crap do i need to copy them separately?

Also I did copy one of the files to an iso. I installed virtual drive. When I click on the file it brings up pwrdvd10 and asks if I want to resume or restart the movie. I have clicked both. It tries to start and stops right away. What I'm I doing wrong?

Well I tried Shrek 2 3DBR. I copied the whole movie to an iso file. It mounted in a virtual drive, PDVD10 tried to play it but it gave me this message: Cyberlink could not play a file on the disc. Whats my problem?

Comment

I've backed up a few of my 3d discs as well..

This is the ONLY process that I can make it work with and it requires 50gb discs..

1) use dvdfab to make a 'clone' image of the bluray 3d disc on your hard drive
      2) use imgburn (free) to burn this image to a 50gb bd-r DL disc *install and burn don't change any settings other than your burn speeds

I've played around and even made a few 50gb $6 coasters (sigh) and this method always results in a clean backup.

Good luck.

Comment

It's possible the 2 streams you're seeing on Shrek 3D version is one for the left eye and one for the right eye, but I'm not sure about this. I believe the only option as of right now is the Clone option to an iso then burn the iso to a 50gb dl blu-ray, because ripping to folder will not work and you won't be able to take stuff out of the movie or compress the movie(as of yet).
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

OK so I need to clone the disc in to an iso. Would this play then or do you have burn it to a dvd?

Comment

No you not need to burn to a 50gb blank Blu-ray media but will need to mount that iso to the virtual drive to play correctly with PowerDVD10 if it supports 3D Blu-ray Playback

Comment

Originally posted by stumblinh View Post
              I've backed up a few of my 3d discs as well..

This is the ONLY process that I can make it work with and it requires 50gb discs..

1) use dvdfab to make a 'clone' image of the bluray 3d disc on your hard drive
              2) use imgburn (free) to burn this image to a 50gb bd-r DL disc *install and burn don't change any settings other than your burn speeds

I've played around and even made a few 50gb $6 coasters (sigh) and this method always results in a clean backup.

Good luck.
              Can you give a step by step on exactly what you do. I have been trying to back up my avatar 3D and keep getting to 97.49% and then get a write error, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by yahooserious View Post
                Can you give a step by step on exactly what you do. I have been trying to back up my avatar 3D and keep getting to 97.49% and then get a write error, thanks.
                Hi yahooserious
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by yahooserious View Post
                  I get an error at that point because the discs dont hold exactly what they say, for example i do a bdre 25gb at 22500.

have never done a 50 to see but I have problems with 3d avatar to 25gb but Im seeing that you cant do it.

Comment

oh not sure why , got the whole disc on 25gb but says not in a 3d player but it is and the intro 3d was good in 3d

played the 2d (horrible picture) but thinks 3d hardware isnt there

Comment

What version are you running? A few builds were not working with 3d copies.. 8068 is working again.. not sure about newer builds. I had several backups that wouldn't play 3d due to this software issue in a few builds. Always copy to iso, then load up in virtual drive, verify 3d then burn. I got comfortable making backups and was burnt bad.. 30+ worth of coasters.

As far as exactly what I do..

drop in 3d movie, launch dvdfab8, select clone, select location, hit start.

To burn these 3d backups.. I launch imgburn and burn to bd-dl disc. Just make sure to setup your max speed the first time using a different brand disc. I don't burn any isos with dvdfab at this point. Other than disc speeds I dont change any settings in imgburn from fresh install.

Comment

Working...
                      X