Avatar Ext Dir Cut - No English Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avatar Ext Dir Cut - No English Subtitles

I'm sure this has already been asked but I cannot find it here anywhere so I will ask it again. I have only just recently watched the backup copy of the Avatar Directors Extended Cut (Collectors Edition - Blu Ray) and realized that the english subtitles were not present when the Na'vi were speaking their language. These subs were present on the original Theatral release. I always include english subs in any movie that I back up, including this one, so I know this is not the problem. The entire movie backed up fine with no glitches or other issues - just no subs. Any help?
    Last edited by jimp124; 12-20-2010, 06:35 PM.

Try checking the display forced subtitles it's below the subpicture box.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I do not see any option that says display forced subtitles. I have also looked in the settings and don't see this option. Are the options the same for DVD as for Blu Ray because I'm doing Blu Ray here?

Comment

Forced subs are included automatically for Blu-ray and I will move this thread to the DVDFab Blu-ray Copy section

Comment

Thanks for imforming me that foreced subs are already included in Blu Ray copy. So why aren't the english subs showing up on the Avatar Ext Dir Cut but they are on the original release? Settings are all the same for each backup. There are NO OTHER issues with the backup, no flaws, glitches etc Just no translations when the Na'vi are speaking but in the original release they are there quite clearly.

Comment

Subs may be there but they will not display back on the PC with VLC, media player etc. Try Nero Showtime. This showed the subs when others did not.

Comment

I have burned to blu ray disk and am playing on my blu ray player, not my computer. Even if subs do show up when playing on the computer, this doesn't address the real question, why are the subs present with the original theatrical release but not with the directors extended release, while playing back on a stand-alone blu-ray player. I know the subs are present - I will explain. If I play the movie and use my blu-ray remote to set to show subtitles there will be two choices:
              1) English 01/01, and
              2) English 01/02.
              If I choose the second choice, the movie plays exactly as it should, with no subs while english is being spoken and english subs while the Na'vi are speaking their language. The problem is, why is it necessary on THIS EDITION OF THIS MOVIE ONLY to go thru the process of setting up subtitles while every other movie known to man will play the english subtitles without being prompted? Now I'm wondering if I haven't been clear on my original question because each time somebody attempts to help (and I'm greatful for it) it seems they are not addressing the issue. I just wanted to back up the movie, burn it to a blu-ray disk and have it play from beginning to end while only showing english subtitles while something other than english is being spoken - just like the original release did.

Comment

Working...
              X