Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray program not included in lifetime updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray program not included in lifetime updates?

I have had DVDFab for many years (when lifetime updates were included). I have been getting updates regularly and now have the current version.
    I believed that when BD copy/ripping was introduced, this would be included in all new versions without extra cost. I am now thinking about getting a BD writer, but am wondering if BD functions are included with my current subscription. Do I need to purchase a new product or does my lifetime subscription also include BD copy/ripping?

Originally posted by rsblaski View Post
    I have had DVDFab for many years (when lifetime updates were included). I have been getting updates regularly and now have the current version.
    I believed that when BD copy/ripping was introduced, this would be included in all new versions without extra cost. I am now thinking about getting a BD writer, but am wondering if BD functions are included with my current subscription. Do I need to purchase a new product or does my lifetime subscription also include BD copy/ripping?
    Blu-ray is not included unless you purchase it. i have had the lifetime subscription for years and the only thing that was grandfathered in was dvd to mobil. I can only tell you that the blu-ray portion is worth the extra i had to pay. you still get a 30 day trial.

Comment

Hi, rsblaski,

I have had DVDFab for many years
      What is the original version when you ordered DVDFab, Gold, Express, or Platinum?

Anyway, please write to us at malcolm@dvdfab.com or service@dvdfab.com with your registered E-mail(at least indicate it if that one is no longer in use), or tell us the order No. then we can check your detailed order information.

Sincerely Yours
      Malcolm Wang

Comment

Wait, Malcom are you indicating that we may be grandfathered in with a lifetime subscription for the whole suite?
        Right now it currently only indicates lifetime on DVDCopy for me.
        I originally ordered the 'DVDFab Platinum 3' software back in '06.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern4 View Post
          Wait, Malcom are you indicating that we may be grandfathered in with a lifetime subscription for the whole suite?
          No as I believe Malcom may have misunderstood the post. DVDFab Platinum was only for DVD copy and DVD Ripper and DVDFab Gold was for DVD Copy with less features. Blu-ray was never grandfathered in

Comment

Sorry for misintepretation

Originally posted by GreenLantern4 View Post

Hi, GreenLantern4,

Sorry, I do not mean this. Below is a detailed explanation:

1. DVDFab Express/Gold (now DVD Copy only) has only four copy modes available, which are "Full disc", "Main movie", "Split" and "Write data", even upgrade to the latest version, there are still four modes available.

If holders of these editions want other new modes, like Merge, Customize, Customize Split, and Clone, they need to reorder DVDFab DVD Copy.

2. DVDFab Platinum 3 has now upgraded to DVDFab DVD Copy and DVD Ripper, if holders of this edition want to use other new options, like Blu-ray options or so, they need order them.

P.S. When Gold/Express/Platinum were released, Blu-ray options were still on the list of "to-do" of R&D Depart.

Sincerely Yours
            Malcolm Wang

Comment

Originally posted by malcolm View Post

Hi, GreenLantern4,

Sorry, I do not mean this. Below is a detailed explanation:

1. DVDFab Express/Gold (now DVD Copy only) has only four copy modes available, which are "Full disc", "Main movie", "Split" and "Write data", even upgrade to the latest version, there are still four modes available.

If holders of these editions want other new modes, like Merge, Customize, Customize Split, and Clone, they need to reorder DVDFab DVD Copy.

2. DVDFab Platinum 3 has now upgraded to DVDFab DVD Copy and DVD Ripper, if holders of this edition want to use other new options, like Blu-ray options or so, they need order them.

P.S. When Gold/Express/Platinum were released, Blu-ray options were still on the list of "to-do" of R&D Depart.

Sincerely Yours
              Malcolm Wang
              Thanks Malcolm,
              My original subscription was many years ago, and I have always enjoyed the functionality of the product. I guess I just misunderstood and thought that ALL improvements would be included in the lifetime upgrades. I do not currently have a BD writer, but had been giving some thought to purchasing one.
              One question re: the BD options. If I purchase the BD option, will I also be entitled to lifetime updates for this feature as well, since I have the lifetime updates for DVDFab (my original purchase was the Platinum version)?
              Thanks,
              Rick

Comment

...If I purchase the BD option, will I also be entitled to lifetime updates for this feature as well, since I have the lifetime updates for DVDFab (my original purchase was the Platinum version)?
                Thanks,
                Rick
                It depends on the length of the BD subscription that you purchase.
                Please see the price list here:

You can see Blu-ray Copy lifetime is listed at $105.60 for a lifetime subscription.
                With the 25% off coupon, you're looking at about $79.20 US.

There are also "bundle" options available.
                I would ask Fab support about these if you're interested in any additional modules.
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Blu-ray Bundle plus 3D Blu-ray Ripper

Thanks Malcolm,
                  My original subscription was many years ago, and I have always enjoyed the functionality of the product. I guess I just misunderstood and thought that ALL improvements would be included in the lifetime upgrades. I do not currently have a BD writer, but had been giving some thought to purchasing one.
                  One question re: the BD options. If I purchase the BD option, will I also be entitled to lifetime updates for this feature as well, since I have the lifetime updates for DVDFab (my original purchase was the Platinum version)?
                  Thanks,
                  Rick

Hi, rsblaski,

You can choose the lifetime package deal of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy+Ripper, besides the current package promotion, you still can use the coupon discount for another 25% off, and if you place your order before 2010-12-31, we will also give you a lifetime license of DVDFab Blu-ray 3D Ripper free of charge, which means that you will get the lifetime package deal of DVDFab Blu-ray Copy+Ripper, plus DVDFab Blu-ray 3D Ripper at 130.95 USD.

Remember: Valid to 31st Dec. Exceptional chance, don't let it go!

Comment

Working...
                  X