Remove Region Coding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove Region Coding?

I know this has probably been asked a million times here, but I skimmed through a few pages and didn't find anything. I live in the US and bought a BR from England, and it's region B locked.

I tried copying the whole disc and burning it, but that didn't work. Do I need to rip it then burn it? If so, how do I do that (ie: which format to rip to, and then how to burn it from there?) Or do I need pass key and there's no way around having to get it? Thanks, the help is much appreciated!

More likely it is a NTSC <----> PAL issue rather than region coding.
    I'd google Blu-ray NTSC to PAL conversion.

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Make sure you put region B on the settings for dvdfab to remove the region.
      and you can test the playback on software players.
      I think blu-ray has no play/ntsc. it is only ntsc but i could be wrong.

later
      Last edited by dirio49; 12-22-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

When Fab decrypts a BD disc, the region coding is likewise removed.
        Honestly, I don't know what the answer here is either, but it seems there is a quasi - PAL - NTSC issue
        and I believe it is a difference of frame rate, but like I said, I dunno.

I've never burned a BD disc... just watch 'em with my media player off hdds

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I know what you are saying.
          But dvdfab will remove the coding only
          If you selected the right region.
          If the wrong one is seleced then it will not
          Play on any region.

@OP what Does the play say when you place
          The disk. What did you burn it with.

Comment

I'd say Maineman is correct, if testing playback on a standalone player it probably cannot play Pal content and Fab doesn't convert Pal to NTSC.

Comment

Originally posted by dirio49 View Post
              I know what you are saying.
              But dvdfab will remove the coding only
              If you selected the right region.
              If the wrong one is seleced then it will not
              Play on any region.

@OP what Does the play say when you place
              The disk. What did you burn it with.
              Gotcha, thanks for the clarification...like I said, I've never burned a BD.
              Would it still seemingly rip ok? It sounds like just the burn failed, but it's hard to know based on the OP's statement...

"I tried copying the whole disc and burning it, but that didn't work."

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
                Gotcha, thanks for the clarification...like I said, I've never burned a BD.
                Would it still seemingly rip ok? It sounds like just the burn failed, but it's hard to know based on the OP's statement...

"I tried copying the whole disc and burning it, but that didn't work."
                It will rip ok. But it will not play in any region if the wrong region is selected to be removed.

Comment

Thanks for all the thoughts. I selected region B when it opened the disc (it's 100% a region B disc, says it on the back of the blu ray). It copied it to my HD, then when I opened the ISO to burn to a BDR, I selected region B again. Was that wrong? Should the 2nd region question have been an A answer because that's what I WANT it to be? I selected B because I thought i'm supposed to click what it is, not what I want it to be.

It coped fine and burned fine w/dvdfab, no errors or problems, dvd fab came up saying process complete successfully. But when I put the disc in my ps3, it doesn't play. The little icon shows up saying what movie it is with a little picture next to it (like all BR's do in ps3's), but when I click on it, I get a black screen, which goes on until I stop it. No movies playing or menu, just a black screen forever.

And I thought BR have no ntsc/pal problem? I could be wrong, but that's what I read somewhere. Does copying the disc remove region coding, or do I need to click BR ripping instead? Thanks again guys for the responses.
                  Last edited by Snoogans122; 12-22-2010, 07:09 PM.

Comment

What did you use to burn the disk?

You can scan the disk with imgburn verify to see if it a bad disk.
                    Do you have a software player? if so please try it there.
                    it should be set B to both.

Comment

I use the burning engine packed in with dvdfab. I use the copy BR option, set it to create an ISO, then burn the ISO with dvdfab. Hopefully that helps...

PS: if I rip it to m2ts, and remove the main movie (I only want the special features), how would I burn those m2ts files onto a BDR?

Thanks again, this is very helpful to noobs like me!

Comment

Hi, Snoogans122

1. Please try to play the iso on the HDD using VLC, or PowerDVD.
                        If play fine, burn it on a blank disk. If fail, post internal log on this thread.
                        Link to "C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log " for Win7,
                        or "C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log " for XP.

2. You can use "Mainmovie" option and select your favorite title to rip.

Thanks.

Comment

I think this is not a NTSC/PAL issue, since I tested the BD-APOCALYPSE_BD1, is works well in PS3. My step is:
                          1). clone BD-APOCALYPSE_BD1 to ISO with Region Code B select(when insert BD, the DVDfab pop up Region Code dialog, select RC B);
                          2). Ripping BD50 to BD25(folder);
                          3). Burn the folder to Disc.
                          No time to try BD Disc source to BD Disc target. But I think it should be work fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X