3d blu-rays to 25gb discs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3d blu-rays to 25gb discs?

When will dvdfab's blu-ray copy support a clean copy of a blu-ray 3d compressed to a 25gb disc? Maybe even some options to strip the typical slew of audio's to help reduce the size... using $1 discs vs $5-6 discs would be nice
    Last edited by stumblinh; 12-24-2010, 03:04 AM.

Have you tried the Blu-ray 3D Ripper yet? It does not compress but it does convert to a file format. Check it out

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      Have you tried the Blu-ray 3D Ripper yet? It does not compress but it does convert to a file format. Check it out
      If I want a full hd backup for my home theatre why would I change the file format? Please explain the +/- to doing that vs a shrink. What conversion is going to play properly in my Pannasonic 3d htib?

Comment

We need a H.264 MVC encoder, and it's not available for now, but we have plan to develop one.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
          Will any other formats playback on a blu-ray 3d player in full hd 3d? (panasonic btt350), I need to get a bunch of these 3d movies on 25gb discs.. untill you guys release a bluray copy that will compress 3d movies I'm stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
            We need a H.264 MVC encoder, and it's not available for now, but we have plan to develop one.
            What about this encoder?
            http://research.nokia.com/page/4988
            Nokia released sources for MVC encoder/decoder. You can use it as starting point.

Comment

This is at the top of my *wish* list

Comment

I hope that sample nokia codec will help to speed up the development. Can fengtao confirm that?

Comment

Are there already any progresses in developing a MVC encoder for DVDFab to achieve complete converting 50GB to 25GB Blu-Ray 3D - discs ?

regards,
                  Hammi

Comment

that's great news, keep up the good work - its appreciated

Comment

Main movie option while holding 3d structure compressed on a 25gb disc is still my #1 wish xmas gift maybe? Most of the 3d movies the 50gb disc is a total waste. I don't need menu's and trailers I can't bypass.. I just want the movie and in 3d.

Comment

I use FABS (25GB) 3D side by side mode, just tell your TV to play side by side...

Definitely understand what you're asking for....but its still 25GB 3D.

Comment

Compressing BD3D 50 to BD3D 25 need several new technologies, and we have some exciting progresses on them:

1. Blu-ray 3D compatible MVC encoder.
                          2. Blu-ray 3D compatible muxer.
                          3. Blu-ray 3D compatible UDF layout.
                          4. Blu-ray 3D file structure.

Sorry there is no time table for the release, but we are close to it now
                          DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                          http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by crackinhedz View Post
                            I use FABS (25GB) 3D side by side mode, just tell your TV to play side by side...

Definitely understand what you're asking for....but its still 25GB 3D.
                            I have yet to get this to work...

I did 3 25GB 3D movies using the SBS option. (Did 3 to test to confirm it wasn't THAT movie, or THAT one burn etc).

I can see the 2 separate images, so I tweak the TV to SBS, then I see 1 image, but it's clear without glasses, even with the glasses it's not in 3D. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Am I inferring correctly from this thread, that if I want to back up a 3D movie and do a Blu-Ray copy to a 50GB disc, that it will faithfully retain 3D info on the new disc?

Comment

Working...
                              X