CUDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUDA

This late bloomer needs more seasoned advice .. (1) I'm running a Galaxy GTX 460 768mb GPU .. How much of an improvement will I see in Blu transcoding task to install another GTX 460 768 mb.?.(2) I remember reading a performance test ( in ADOBE) that the i7 - 950 really outperformed the Core 2 chips .. Does anyone know the ADOBE Version & task ? NOVICE Seeking Visibility .

Originally posted by MERX2006 View Post
    This late bloomer needs more seasoned advice .. (1) I'm running a Galaxy GTX 460 768mb GPU .. How much of an improvement will I see in Blu transcoding task to install another GTX 460 768 mb.
    None, SLI setup does not enhance/support GPU acceleration.

Originally posted by MERX2006 View Post
    (2) I remember reading a performance test ( in ADOBE) that the i7 - 950 really outperformed the Core 2 chips .. Does anyone know the ADOBE Version & task ? NOVICE Seeking Visibility .
    I don't recall seeing the specific article you mentioned, but there is a world of difference between the architecture of the older Intel Core 2 Duo and the Intel Core i7.
    While it doesn't mean that Core 2 Duo builds are bad, Core i7 builds run more efficiently and typically, are faster, thus offering better overall performance.

I built a middle-of-the-road core i7 rig in Oct '09 with:

Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor

EVGA 896-P3-1257-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI

This thing is still so darn fast, I get dizzy and have to hang on...
    Seriously, my rig more than meets my needs.
    As always, it comes down to what you want and what you're willing to spend
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

[QUOTE=maineman;69427]
      This thing is still so darn fast, I get dizzy and have to hang on...
      Seriously, my rig more than meets my needs.
      As always, it comes down to what you want and what you're willing to spend
      I second this. I have 295 GPU, and in combination with i7 it will give you a very good, satisfactory result for the money. IMHO, anything beyond this (in today's prices) waste of money.
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Working...
      X