Bad Disk or Bad Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Disk or Bad Player?

Why will some of my burns play ok on my main blu-ray player but not well on others? I always watch each movie that I back up to make sure both the rip and burn were good. Can I assume if I rip a movie, burn it to disk and play it thru without incident that the rip was good and the disk was good, even though when I try to play it on other players it has problems? I'm just wondering if certain brands of BD-R media (I use Optical Quantum) can play differently from one player to another.
    Last edited by jimp124; 12-28-2010, 01:52 AM. Reason: Added Comment

It's not that unusual that some dvd media, standard or BD, play fine in some players, but not in others.
    I never burn BD media, but I've seen good reviews here on the Optical Quantum media.

We could look at your burn log, but as you said, it sounds like the burns were "good".
    Have you had successful playback with other burned BD media on the problematic player?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

maybe check and make sure the problem players are using the most recent firmware for them

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        It's not that unusual that some dvd media, standard or BD, play fine in some players, but not in others.
        I never burn BD media, but I've seen good reviews here on the Optical Quantum media.
        That's the only media I buy and not one single coaster(Disc ID Phillips). They're listed as being 4x but can be burned on my Pioneer BDR205 upto 10x(I've never tried passed 8x). I've played them on a Samsung, Sony & PS3..no problems at all. The price on NewEgg is always between $20-25 for a BDR25-25pk.
        AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 @ 3.3ghz stock cooling
        ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Sata 6gb/s ATI HD4290
        G.Skill RipJaws 8gb(2x4) DDR3 PC10666
        Antec 750W Continuous Power
        Pioneer BDR205
        64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
        WD 640gb HDD Internal
        WD 2TB HDD External
        CoolerMaster 690series
        ViewSonic 22" LED 1080p Full HD
        Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. To be honest, I've loaned a couple of my movies to friends who have come back and said they won't play. I usually reply to come on over to my house and see for yourself. I always keep my main player connected to the interenet for firmware updates, however my other player is not connected so I have to do it manually. Odd thing is, my main player is a Best Buy "Insignia" brand (made by Samsung by all appearances) and I've never had a problem with it. I have used Optical Quantum media exclusively because of the very reasonable prices, but I've made some coasters when I tried the OQ Inkjet printable ones (I'm not actually printing on them so that is not a problem either) - so the Logo Tops seem to be better for some reason.

Comment

Working...
          X