Problem playing main movie on Full Disc copy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem playing main movie on Full Disc copy

I've been having some issues when making copies in that I can't get the main movie to play. Some backups have processed fine but others seem to get stuck after I hit play on the main title on the menu. The movie will start and get to the Ratings screen (PG-13, R, etc) or another nag screen but once it switches to the actual movie it stalls and will do nothing else.
    Other options off the menu will play perfectly fine, there are just problems with the main movie.
    This most recently happened when making a copy of The Bourne Identity.
    Any suggestions as to what might be causing this and how it can be prevented?

Had to break the log into two txt files because of size limitations.

Any help appreciated.
    Attached Files

Hi pagepro
    You may give this a try Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVDFab screen, and open Common Settings > General >A/V Codec, set Video Decoder to Software and set Video Encoder to Software restart Fab and try again.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi, pagepro

please download the newest version 8065 to retry.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks for suggestions. I installed the version 8.0.6.5 and changed the settings for the decoder/encoder but the outcome was the same as before where the main movie won't play but the extras will.

I first copy the image from the disc to the hard drive as a BD50 and then compress it to BD25. When I preview the movie title of the BD50 version it plays fine but when I preview the movie title in the BD25 version it seems corrupted in that the audio plays OK but the video is playing something completely different.
        The same thing happened for How to Train Your Dragon where the BD50 previews OK but the BD25 does not.
        So the issue seems to be somewhere in the compression process.

Other movies have processed fine but so far I have only about a 50% success rate. Any suggestions?
        Attached Files

Comment

I have the same problem when making a copy of "Splice" to play on my standalone player. All the previews play and the menu works fine. I select Play Movie, I see the rated PG-13 (or whatever it is) rating screen, then the screen goes black and playback is frozen. My only fix was to rip with other program and it worked.
          Last edited by AGJ; 12-31-2010, 05:02 AM. Reason: General Policies

Comment

Hi, guys

1. Please try to clone the BD movie on HDD, if you need backup full movie.
            2. Use the new clone ISO as source, and rip to BD 25 on HDD.
            3. Use PowerDVD, TMT to play this new BD25 copy on PC.
            4. If play fine on PC, then to burn it using imgburn on VSO.

I tried to rip "How to Train Your Dragon " using DVDFab 8065, no problems.
            Thanks.

Comment

katiekim,

Thanks for the suggestion, I was really hoping that that would solve the problem but unfortunately it did not.
              I ripped an iso image onto the hard drive and compressed it to 25, first as an iso image and then using the BD50 version iso and pulled and compressed that as Full Disc to BD 25 format but both cases yielded the same result - the BD50 version will play fine in the previews but the BD25 version will not.
              I was not able to get either version to play using Power DVD though, I used DVDFab's Virtual Drive v 1.1.1.9 to mount them but both came back saying "there is a disc with an unsupported format in drive.
              Not sure if the iso not playing in Power DVD is a real issue or if I just messed it up somehow, if it isn't then the problem for me still seems to be in the compression phase. Any other ideas how to go about this?

Comment

Hi, pagepro

1. Use the newest DVDFab 8066 to retry with disable remove HD.
                2. Please post all disc names with problems.

Thanks.

Comment

katiekim,

First of all, thanks for taking the time to help me with this, it is very much appreciated.

I installed and used DVDFab 8.0.6.6 but had the same result when testing How to Train Your Dragon. It's a time consuming process so I haven't tested on any other using 8.0.6.6 yet but have had the same issues with the following on earlier versions:
                  1. Bourne Identity
                  2. Bourne Supremacy
                  3. The Pacific (TV Series, discs 1 and 2)

Comment

Working...
                  X