Speeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeds

Does anyone get steady speeds because with all these programs my BD's all get erratic speeds. I get up to 10 mb/s then it goes down down down and stays in the ones for the whole time. I have a ASUS External Blu-ray Writer. I have an Intel 2 Duo 4 gb processor and a Sony Vaio n290j laptop. Thanks for any help. I haven't been able to compress any of my blu-rays to 25 gb discs. They all would take for ever just to analyze even one on my hard drive which is 43-45 gb It says it will take 10 hours at the speed it's at now which is 1.0 mb/s. Thanks for any help.

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
    If this happens with all discs or just one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Sorry here is the files for you. My CPU is a Laptop Sony Vaio NS290j. I have an External ASUS sbw-06c1s-u blu-ray writer. I have an intel 2 duo processor and I am pretty sure my video card is an intel too. Thanks
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi, scsa

Please download the newest version 8066 to try, and set A/V codec software.

Thanks.

Comment

I think this may be a USB problem for your Blu-ray drive since it hooked up to laptop by USB cable. How to you hook the Blu-ray drive up when you go to use DVDFab as I think that more the issue than DVDFab. I noticed that DVDFab according to your log file is already using Software decoder but check the A/V Codec settings to make sure everything is set to Software and as well update to the latest release like mentioned already since you are using an outdated version of DVDFab

Comment

Thanks to both of you. I will definitely try that A/V setting in an hour I left mine on all night and it will be done in about one hour after 8 hours of doing it. I will redownload the newest version for sure too. Thanks for the help. I hope this will improve it. I have my two usb cords hooked up to my side of the computer. The thing that is bothering me is that the program isn't using the blu-ray drive right now it is only using my hard drives and the program.

Comment

scsa,

I'm not sure if this will even resolve a little bit of your issues but I know I was having those same problems when it was initially taking 10 hours to condense certain blu-ray titles to fit on a 25GB disc. It was specifically with the Avatar Extended Collector's Edition. I eventually figured out a remedy by experimenting with different settings. Within the PathPlayer option I disabled it and also unckecked the box next to "Check for multiple set of BOVs in the same cell (like Easter Eggs)". After I did this I got the Avatar movie to condense in 4 hours which though it's still a long time, I believe that's the best I can expect with only a 2.4GHz i3 dual core processor.

Comment

Thanks Superfist. I will definitely change that setting and try it. Thanks so much.

Comment

Working...
                X