Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blu Ray copy system's minimum requirement ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu Ray copy system's minimum requirement ok?

Hi guys,

How long would it take to copy a blu-ray dvd on a system that has basic configuration mentioned for DVDfab? It doesn't mention anything about graphics card; I've NVIDIA GeForece FX 5900. I just want to use the computer to copy blu-ray discs and not play any movie on it. Is it possible?

Just a note: the computer failed the Cyberlink Blu ray diagnosis.

System Requirements

Basic:
    ★ Windows 7/Vista/XP (32-bit/64-bit)
    ★ Pentium II 500 MHz
    ★ 512 MB of RAM
    ★ 50 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
    ★ A Blu-ray Drive
    ★ Internet Connection
    Last edited by indyaachen; 12-31-2010, 11:21 AM. Reason: more specific subject

I think you may want a minimum of 2gb for ram and 100gb of Free hard disk space otherwise you may get freeze ups if you try anything with computer.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      I think you may want a minimum of 2gb for ram and 100gb of Free hard disk space otherwise you may get freeze ups if you try anything with computer.
      Thanks AGJ. 2GB of RAM and 100GB free disk space should be easy to upgrade. If that's taken care of, how much time should it take for copying a blu-ray disc? I am hoping here to put an old computer to some worthwhile use

Comment

Well the computer I use has a Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86g/2mb CPU with 4gb of ram with an ATI Radeon HD 3850 Graphic card. I use Software for A/V Codec and it takes about an hour to rip a Blu-ray to hard drive with no compression and with compression 2 to 3 hours but to convert to WMV or other format it takes 10+ hours. I do not burn to blank media at the moment so no idea how long that takes

Comment

Working...
        X