despicable me failed burn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

despicable me failed burn

Sorry folks but I am a newbe to blue ray burning. I have the reg dvdfab for years and now trying blue ray fab (registered). I ran program and it went to my hard drive then unlike the regular fab it said finished. So I then re programed it to burn from HD to my new burner. I got to 59% 2 times and 2 times I made a coaster. What am I doing wrong??? Please help.

Moved to Blu-ray Copy subforum
    mm
    Last edited by maineman; 12-31-2010, 08:02 PM.

Hi dafudge57
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s) and post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by dafudge57 View Post
      Sorry folks but I am a newbe to blue ray burning. I have the reg dvdfab for years and now trying blue ray fab (registered). I ran program and it went to my hard drive then unlike the regular fab it said finished. So I then re programed it to burn from HD to my new burner. I got to 59% 2 times and 2 times I made a coaster. What am I doing wrong??? Please help.

Moved to Blu-ray Copy subforum
      mm
      It sounds to me like you copied a blu-ray movie that was larger than the disc you used to burn it with. After you copy it to the hard drive, you have to reconvert it to ensure it will fit on a single layer 25GB disc, if that is indeed what you're using.

Comment

here they are thank you (logs)
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi dafudge57
          You posted the internal logs but you will need to post the burn logs as that is where you said Fab failed.

So I then re programed it to burn from HD to my new burner. I got to 59% 2 times and 2 times I made a coaster.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

burn log

here is the burn log sorry
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dafudge57 View Post
              here is the burn log sorry
              One thing I always suggest is to use the main movie feature. This will save a significant amount of space on a single layer (25GB) movie if the original disc is a dual layer (50GB). This way you can also select to convert the audio to non-HD and save more space. If you still need to save more space yet, you can always adjust what chapters are put onto your new copy and completely remove the end credits if it doesn't bother you all too much. I can guide you through all of this if you need help. Again, select 50GB disc option (even if you have 25GB discs) as this contains the top quality internal options of the software, and make sure your target is your hard-drive and not a disc. This way you can try to take it into ImgBurn or VSO as write data and see if it fits. If not, you can always re-encode from your hard-drive which will ALWAYS be better than re-encoding while copying from the disc. Hope this helps.
              "This is an 80's buddy comedy, Maltin gives it 2 and half stars and says about it: 'hurt by an awful music score.' "

"Ohhh, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"

Comment

Thank You

Thanks Johnnykazz I will try your ideas tomorrow. New years eve and all.

Comment

Hi dafudge57
                  Sorry for not getting back sooner, logs show
                  010-12-31 11:00:58 Info Write started 22345056 sectors to write
                  2010-12-31 11:00:58 Info Writing speed requested x8.0, effective x8.0
                  2010-12-31 11:00:57 Info Available write speed: 8x ,4x ,2x
                  2010-12-31 11:00:57 Info Media ID: VERBAT-IMc-00
                  2010-12-31 11:00:57 Info Media type: BD-R Sequential
                  2010-12-31 11:00:57 Info Ultra DMA mode 5 (ATA100)
                  2010-12-31 11:00:57 Info Scanned files #3449, folder #39 - total size 45742488675 b. (42.60 Gb.)

If you are using SL BD-R disc's you will need to compress this file down to fit on it....to do this
                  1- Rip to hard drive either as full disc or main movie using the BD50 setting as your output file...make a folder on you C:drive
                  2-Next take that rip as your source and using the BD25 option this time and compress from there making your compressed file to another destination on your hard drive
                  3- Now take the compressed file and burn to disc with Fab using the write/data mode or if using ImgBurn write files/folders to disc.

Now for burning you have the option to use the VSO engine in Fab or most of us use ImgBurn, it is "free" and to use it you will find it here along with instructions on setting it up http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=33
                  For burning set the AWS in ImgBurn to 1/2 the rated speed of your disc's Always burn at 2x or 4x for Blu-Ray disc's.
                  Hope this helps you
                  CBR929

Comment

Working...
                  X