Can't Copy "Goldfinger"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't Copy "Goldfinger"

Can't rip Goldfinger. About 1/3 through, get an error message with "ignore all" option. I selected it and went all the way to the end and when it tried to close the disc, get message Process Failed. This is currently the only blu-ray disc of many that I haven't been able to copy. Hoping for a solution. Thanks!

Forgot details under "info".

copy 88888 jar failed
    task 1 failed Error 102

Comment

Sorry....one more thing. I was using the Full Disc option

Comment

I have no problems with this DVD so read below and post the info mentioned to this thread in your next post reply

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
        If this happens with all discs or just one
        Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
        If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
        If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
        If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

This was done with the full disc option. There was only one popup which simply read “Process Failedâ€. This occurred at the end of the rip. The system stats are as follows: Pentium dual CPU T2300 @1.6GHz, Memory 2GB, 32 bit operating system. My Blu-ray drive is external. It’s a Digistor. This combination has worked perfectly in copying about 100 Bluray discs.Following is the complete log.

Dvdfab internal

DVDFab 8.0.6.6 (2011/01/01 11:38:57)

0m 02.05s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
          0m 48.03s: detected blu-ray
          0m 48.03s: drive E
          0m 48.03s: blu-ray type 1
          0m 48.03s: volume label GOLDFINGER_DOM
          0m 50.48s: root 8CB3025FD5E7B7C0_VOLUME_SET_ID:GOLDFINGER_DOM:GOLD FINGER_DOM:GOLDFINGER_DOM
          0m 51.87s: aacs 1 bd+ 1
          0m 59.65s: got discinfo
          0m 59.85s: got bdmv
          0m 59.85s: got agid 3
          0m 59.93s: sent host cert chal
          0m 59.93s: got drive cert chal
          1m 00.01s: got drive key
          1m 01.04s: got host key signature
          1m 01.04s: verified drive signature
          1m 01.05s: verified host signature
          1m 01.15s: sent host signature and key point
          1m 01.15s: got bus key
          1m 01.16s: got volume id
          1m 01.16s: got volume id mac
          1m 01.16s: volume id is correct
          1m 01.16s: got vid
          1m 01.32s: blu-ray AA34CE1F6446323EB61E1E46D525CC1FC33AAD58
          1m 01.97s: D C48CB8DB
          1m 07.48s: got vuk
          1m 07.48s: got fut
          1m 08.00s: got unit key 7
          2m 23.97s: got extended bdinfo
          2m 23.97s: opened blu-ray
          3m 08.49s: Blu-ray Copy: Full Disc
          3m 08.49s: Source: E:\BDMV\
          3m 08.49s: SourceSize: 42512 MB
          3m 08.49s: RemoveHDAudio: 0
          3m 08.49s: OutputTarget: BD50
          3m 08.49s: OutputVideo: 1080p/i

Dvdfab process

11:42:03: Analyzing started
          11:42:03: Analyzing completed successfully
          11:42:03: Copy process started
          13:26:13: Copy 88888.jar failed
          13:26:13: Task_1 failed! Error=102

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

Ooops sorry I did not notice it was Blu-ray the 102 error is a dvd read error which is why I thought it dvd but not sure if that applies to Blu-ray but try cleaning the disc and check it for scratches as well

Comment

I've already cleaned the disc. It looks perfect - clean and scratch free.

Comment

i think we're experiencing same issues with 88888.jar. it may be some protection. here is my thread : http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10801. Clone option creates working iso, however if you try to use bluray fulldisc on this iso you still get 88888.jar error 102. It's not reading error anymore, as iso MD5s without any issues. I've pretty much given up on this issue and using BDR DL to burn the cloned ISO. It's pretty expensive, but keeping originals intact worth it.

Comment

I've tried what you suggest,that is, copying the iso from the hard drive to a BDR DL. It will complete with no flags, but when I try to play it I get nothing, just a blank screen

Comment

Referring to your last entry, I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Eureka!! Inspired by Fixel's entry on this thread, I tried to rip it (Goldfinger) again choosing full disc. This time, however, I used an older version of DVDFab (805.6) on the outside chance that the problem was caused by something in the latest version. To my surprise it worked. It ripped the whole thing with no error messages using 805.6.

Comment

Please try the latest version as it has a * Fix: An error 102 problem when copying certain .jar file for "Full Disc" mode.

Hope this helps
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks. Boy, you guys are fast!

Comment

Working...
                          X