The American

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The American

I extracted the main movie to my hard drive. every time i burn to bluray using imgburn, i get this copy that has a narrative along with it. like there's a scene where "jack" is going to a public phone and the narrative will say "jack is about to place a call from a phone booth". and it's like that the entire movie with the dialog of the movie in the background. does anyone know why it does that or how avert it or what i'm doing wrong? i've tried burning it with the burn software on the fab software but i keep getting the message that i need to insert a writable bluray disc, even though there's one inserted. i have not been able to use dvdfab successfully for anything bluray except ripping to hard drive. any suggestions? i'm wasting a lot of bluray discs. thanks

You selected wrong audio track give this link a read http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=10733 pay attention to post #2

Comment

i don't know where i get to select... the file in my documents library shows "the american". clicking on that gives me two files "bdmv" (which is the file i burned to the disc) and "certificate". clicking on "certificate" gives me "backup". clicking on backup, it reads "this file is empty". clicking on "bdmv" gives me:
      auxdata
      backup
      bdjo
      clpinf
      jar
      meta
      playlist
      stream
      index.bdmv
      movieobject.bdmv

"auxdata" is empty
      "backup" has bdjo, clpinf, jar, playlist, index.bdmv, movieobject.bdmv
      bdjo is empty
      clpinf has "00010.clpi"
      "jar" is empty
      "meta" is empty
      "playlist has "00000.mpls"
      "stream" has 00010 which shows it as a avchdvideo (this when played, has the audio on the burned disc that i'm referring to.
      windows 7 does not recognize the last two files listed.

so what am i looking for and when i rip a bluray movie, should i rip the entire disc or just movie alone. i have just been ripping the movie alone and then burning the BDMV file with imgburn. so far (3 other movies) have worked fine like that. so i'm back to square one it seems. i think it's mostly because copying the bluray is so different from a regular dvd. so many additional files. any ideas?

Comment

Ok, if you're using the "Main Movie" option in DVDFab, select the disc as the source and somewhere on your hard drive as the target. If you plan on compressing your discs to either BD-25/BD-9/BD-5 then rip the entire disc(in Main Movie mode) and select all the audio tracks, subtitles, etc. and leave the output setting on BD-50. This will copy the whole "Main Movie" to your hard drive. After this is done, exit out of DVDFab and re-enter it, this time selecting the whole blu-ray folder as source(the folder with the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders inside) and preferably a different hard drive for the target(if this is not possible, just somewhere else on the same drive will do). At this point, un-select all the audio and subtitle tracks that you don't want. For myself, I select the BD-25 option for output and select only the DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD english audio and all english subtitles(make sure you let the disc analyze all the way before clicking start). Now you may be doing a different method than me, but the idea is the same. After this is done processing, click finish and close out of DVDFab. Open up Imgburn and select the Write files/folders to disc option and select the outputted folder for your burn. You want to select the whole BD folder(with the BDMV and CERTIFICATE folders inside), not just the BDMV folder or certain files inside of it. So, for example, lets say you just ripped the movie "Avatar". You will have a folder called "Avatar" with the other folders inside. Drag this WHOLE folder into Imgburn and click the Start button. Imgburn will automatically detect that this is a blu-ray and set the settings accordingly, make sure you click Yes if it asks you. This has always worked for me and I've never had a bad burn. I would also suggest getting a rewritable blu-ray to test with so you're not blowing through money like The Lehmans Brothers.
        SPECS
        DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
        SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

wow.... thanks for the detailed explanation... thats perfect! thanks...

Comment

Working...
          X