Blu-Ray Main Movie Copy to ISO problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-Ray Main Movie Copy to ISO problem

O.K. so this is my first time posting here at DVDFab and I wanted to say that I'm very impress with this trial version but I've run into some issues creating Blu-Ray main movie ISO. My hope is to see if I can resolve my problem before commiting to purchasing the Software.

I currently have several Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ in my home that we stream our DVD movies with. The method I've used for over a year succesfully has been [other software] to rip the DVD to my HDD, Nero Recode for the main movie, and Nero Burn to create the ISO file.

In the last month I've decided to try working with my Blu-Ray collection and DVDFab since I felt this provided me with the most complete set of options. Before downloading and installing DVDFab I had ripped several Blu-Rays to my HDD using [other software]. The first set of Blu-Rays, Shrek 4, Total Recall, and Inception came out perfect and I had no issues with my Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ playing them. The next set of ISO, A-Team, Despical Me, and Gladiator all had problems.

The specific problem is DVDFab completes the ISO process but when I play the ISO only about 6 to 10 minutes is viewable/watchable on a 20GB file. Since my Daughter wanted to watch Despical Me I thought I would do a Blu-Ray to DVD5 Which worked once. I went back to try a DVD9 and that ISO file is unplayable. Looking for a workaround I went ahead and tried using ImgBurn but that has failed also. I've installed Cyberlink DVD and use Deamon Tools Lite for the image and it too has problems with the files. I've tried Blu-Ray to HDD folder and then HDD to ISO but the process Fails at the start everytime.

Again I feel DVDFab is a great product and I really would like to use it for my Blu-Ray collection. But again before comitting any cash to this product I would like to see if I can get this ISO issue corrected.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Complication; 01-08-2011, 09:06 PM. Reason: General Policies

Originally posted by texjetjockey View Post
    O.K. so this is my first time posting here at DVDFab and I wanted to say that I'm very impress with this trial version but I've run into some issues creating Blu-Ray main movie ISO. My hope is to see if I can resolve my problem before commiting to purchasing the Software.

I currently have several Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ in my home that we stream our DVD movies with. The method I've used for over a year succesfully has been [other software] to rip the DVD to my HDD, Nero Recode for the main movie, and Nero Burn to create the ISO file.

In the last month I've decided to try working with my Blu-Ray collection and DVDFab since I felt this provided me with the most complete set of options. Before downloading and installing DVDFab I had ripped several Blu-Rays to my HDD using [other software]. The first set of Blu-Rays, Shrek 4, Total Recall, and Inception came out perfect and I had no issues with my Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ playing them. The next set of ISO, A-Team, Despical Me, and Gladiator all had problems.

The specific problem is DVDFab completes the ISO process but when I play the ISO only about 6 to 10 minutes is viewable/watchable on a 20GB file. Since my Daughter wanted to watch Despical Me I thought I would do a Blu-Ray to DVD5 Which worked once. I went back to try a DVD9 and that ISO file is unplayable. Looking for a workaround I went ahead and tried using ImgBurn but that has failed also. I've installed Cyberlink DVD and use Deamon Tools Lite for the image and it too has problems with the files. I've tried Blu-Ray to HDD folder and then HDD to ISO but the process Fails at the start everytime.

Again I feel DVDFab is a great product and I really would like to use it for my Blu-Ray collection. But again before comitting any cash to this product I would like to see if I can get this ISO issue corrected.

Thanks.
    Are you using the newest version of DVDFab? 8.0.6.8?
    Also, please upload your log files.
    "This is an 80's buddy comedy, Maltin gives it 2 and half stars and says about it: 'hurt by an awful music score.' "

"Ohhh, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"

Comment

O.K. so maybe I jump alittle to far in not completely understanding the issues. Just a quick note I went ahead and upgraded to the latest version 8.0.6.8 of DVDFab and I mount my images using DAEMON Tools Lite.

So in my research and looking at the different Blu-Rays I learned that some Blu-Rays have the main movie on one single large .mt2s file in the stream folder while some Blu-Rays have it divided up into multiple .mt2s files. When I used DVDFab to create an ISO image of Shrek4 the largest .mt2s file was the main movie and the Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ and CyberLink PowerDVD 10 did not have any issues playing the movie. However with Dispicable Me, the main movie was spread across several .mt2s and the FreeAgent Theater/PowerDVD 10 would only play the largest .mt2s file found in the ISO.

I went back into DVDFab and this time did a Blu-Ray rip to a single .mt2s file and problem solved. Well problemed solved with one Movie, I'm going to try this on a couple more Blu-Rays and see if this is repeatable.

So next question or maybe I should start another post elsewhere- Can you create a Blu-Ray ISO file from the newly created single .mt2s file with DVDFab?

Comment

Originally posted by texjetjockey View Post
        So next question or maybe I should start another post elsewhere- Can you create a Blu-Ray ISO file from the newly created single .mt2s file with DVDFab?
        Just use ImgBurn for that as I believe DVDFab not able to do that but you can give DVDFab a try to see if it can

Comment

Working...
        X