BD HD copy won't play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD HD copy won't play

I am using a trial version of DVD Fab BD copy and I can't seem to get Power DVD 10 Ultra to play a HD saved copy of a Blue Ray movie. I have tried to copy Full Disc, Main Movie and Clone. It gets to my HD but wont play. I have regular movies on HD that play just fine with Power DVD. I have been able to play one chapter at a time but the entire movie will not play.
    What am I doing wrong???
    I am a long time user of FAB and I don't want to buy the buy the Blue ray copy program until I can get this to work.
    BD's play just fine in the drive so it is not the Power DVD program.
    Thanks
    Daryl

Hi Rokdigger,

1. Power DVD can only play movie folder/BDMV/Stream/M2TS these respective files. But it can not play the entire Blu-ray folder.

2. If you want to play the whole blu-ray movie or main movie, we suggest you produce an iso with Full Disc option or Main Movie option or Clone option.

3. Then load this iso to DVDFab virtual dirve (http://www.dvdfab.com/virtual-drive.htm) and then play it with Power DVD.

Best Regards

Cici Jia
    Last edited by sunny; 01-10-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

I loaded virtual drive, opened an iso image (salt) in this drive ("L" for me) but can't get any further. The menu is- BDMV, certificate, FAB!, PS# content,update, VPRM. Clicking on all those and all of the subfolders does not get the movie to play with Power DVD 10.
      What am I doing wrong? Any thoughts?
      Thanks,
      Daryl

Comment

I ran into the same weird issue tying to figure out why when I do Blu-Ray to just Main Movie copy and create an ISO file that my PowerDVD 10 and FreeAgent Theather would only play like 6 to 12 minutes while other Blu-Rays had no issues. OK so first off in my hunt to solve this weird issue I came across a couple threads where it was stated that PowerDVD 10 will NOT play a Blu-Ray Movie from a folder unless you select a specific .mt2s file. Now what intresting is that some Blu-Rays have the entire main movie in one massive 20GB .mt2s file like SHREK 4. While other movies like Despicable ME, the main movie is spread out over several .mt2s files.

So what to do - each person has their own way of experiencing a Movie. I like to watch movies, I could care less about menus, BD-Live, extras, how they do this or that, lame games, and the director's audio. I want to watch the movie. DVDFab Blu-Ray Rip can convert all the little .mt2s files in a single large file. PowerDVD 10/Seagate FreeAgent Theater had no problems playing this single large file. So my next step is to figure out if I can create a Blu-Ray ISO from the newly created .mt2s file.

Good Luck and I hope you find a solution.

Comment

So my next step is to figure out if I can create a Blu-Ray ISO from the newly created .mt2s file.
          Hi, texjetjockey,

You cannot make ISO file out of an individual m2ts file, you need use the original Blu-ray disc or Blu-ray folder saved on your HDD to do this.

Sincerely Yours
          Malcolm Wang

Comment

creat ISO from m2ts file

Hi texjetjockey,

Please install Imgburn at http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

You can creat ISO from m2ts file with it.
            ________
            Lovely Wendie
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sunny; 04-21-2011, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X