Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab shows BD25 as BD50

Hey my Blu-Ray fans

i buy 25GB Platinum Blu-Ray discs, and everyone when i burn a movie dvdfab will say:

"Hey this is a DL Rohling, are you sure that you will only 25Gb burn on it?"

is this message normal ? on an 25gb RE i didn´t become this message.
    i test it @ the moment, so i burn a 50GB movie on it.

any ideas ?

It's not normal unless the disc is a DL, 50 GB Verbatim Rohlinge.
    Hate to state the obvious, but if you burned a file larger than ~ 25 GB and you didn't compress, then you have DL BD discs (50 GB).

Have you verified the size?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
      It's not normal unless the disc is a DL, 50 GB Verbatim Rohlinge.
      Hate to state the obvious, but if you burned a file larger than ~ 25 GB and you didn't compress, then you have DL BD discs (50 GB).

Have you verified the size?
      Unfortunately, this calls for the classic "Did you plug it in?" type response haha. Confirm that this is indeed a 25GB disc and you didn't mistakingly purchase DL 50GB discs. Although one would presume the substantial price would be your giveaway. At any rate, let us know.
      "This is an 80's buddy comedy, Maltin gives it 2 and half stars and says about it: 'hurt by an awful music score.' "

"Ohhh, Planes, Trains, and Automobiles"

Comment

Same issue

I see a similar warning (this is a DL 50GB disk, are you sure you want to burn to a single layer) and I definitely have single-layer disks.
        Using Optical Quantum BD-R 4x disks (OQBDR04LT-10).

Comment

I get the same message with any brand of 25GB media I use. Verbatim, Memorex, Optical Quantum. It doesn't seem to be related to the media brand.

Comment

The resultant burn works fine however.

Comment

ok, i cant 50gb burn on it.

i was wondering abaut the message, but its a 25gb disc

Comment

Working...
              X