Unable to detect media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to detect media

Within the last several version upgrades DVDfab Blu-ray copy has developed a new problem. When I copy a Blu-ray disc using a single BD drive the program will rip the content to the hard drive then eject the disc and wait for me to insert the blank disc. However, when I do this it reads the media then ejects it back out saying that it is not a blu-ray disk. I have tried several brands.

This is not bad media. The program used to do this correctly but stopped several months ago. My workaround is that I click "cancel" then "finish". Then insert the blank disc again. Next I open the blu-ray disc from the temporary directory on my hard drive in blu-ray copy (it is still there), and copy from the hard drive to the blu-ray burner. (And it works.) This confirms that the media is fine and the program is able to write to the media. Somehow it is getting tripped up detecting the blank media only just after it has copied from the same drive.

I use a Pioneer BDR-203 burner with the latest firmware. Win7 64 bit. Nvidia geForce 280 with CUDA enabled. 12 gb ram. i7 920.

Check and make sure you have the newest firmware available for your drive, here is a link to the newest version

You may want to switch burn engines to ImgBurn also. Look in the third party apps forum on the main page to see instructions how to configure it with Fab, VSO is buggy for some users although I have no problems with it and that same drive.

Comment

Working...
    X