Confused about blu-ray Copy Clone function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confused about blu-ray Copy Clone function

Can I clone a Blu-ray to play on my standalone OPPO player? Can I clone a blu-ray using a single BD burner?

If I clone to an ISO file and use Imgburn, is it playable on my standalone. What exactly does clone do?

Blu-rays are too easily scratched etc to let the wife and kids mess with the original.

Originally posted by olc View Post
    Can I clone a Blu-ray to play on my standalone OPPO player? Can I clone a blu-ray using a single BD burner?

If I clone to an ISO file and use Imgburn, is it playable on my standalone. What exactly does clone do?

Blu-rays are too easily scratched etc to let the wife and kids mess with the original.
    Honestly, I've never burned a BD...I just rip 'em and watch via my media player, but...
    Yup, your OPPO should have no problems playing the clone bkup.

You can select clone mode and proceed to rip to your hdd as an .ISO.
    Now select Write Data mode which will write the files directly to blank media without any further processing. Essentiially, this will produce a clone.

You can also burn in Full Disc mode...although this will not produce a true clone, the bkup will include the movie, menus, trailers, etc.

Clone Mode creates a 1:1, bit for bit copy.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I recently got my first blu-ray burner, so I've been experimenting with the blu-ray options in DVDFab (I am a long time licensed user of the regular DVD programs). Tonight's little test sounds similar to what was being discussed here:
      1. use blu-ray copy: clone to create an iso of a complete blu-ray title that is under 25gb in total.
      2. use imgburn write image to disc to write it to a blank 25gb bd media.
      3. play it in my standalone blu-ray player (Sony BDP-S1000es).

I've been using inexpensive 4x 25gb media from Meritline (Merax inkjet printable - appears to be Opto media), writing at the mid-point of the media/drive speed capabilities (so, 2x in this case).
      All seems to have worked perfectly.

Comment

Working...
      X