Failure backing up 'The Other Guys' with ProtectedDisc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

V8.0.7.2 dated 22/1/2010

I had the same errors (nonce errors with the original download of v8.0.7.2.
    I believe Fengtao updated that release on the 22nd and it works for me.
    Look for release date on top line when you open dvdfab. Hope it works for you.

Comment

Nope, I'm using the 22/01/2011 release.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowbird View Post
        Where did you get 1/22/11 ?? All you can DL is 1/22/11
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

download latest BETA one, (21/01/2010), it will install as (22/01/2010).
          Last edited by Snowbird; 01-26-2011, 01:53 AM. Reason: beta

Comment

download latest BETA one, (21/01/2010), it will install as (22/01/2010).
            Got it!! Thanks
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Indeed, one of the problems was fixed in the 22nd update. Another one is being worked on. Thanks for reporting.

Originally posted by vWvSTATICvWv View Post
              I guess I'm not the only one. Same failure with my Pioneer BDR205. Tried both SALT and RE3 multiple times. Wait for an update...
              I also have the Pioneer BDR205, but a low firmware version (mine works). Please tell me what your firmware version is. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by j&b View Post
                I also have the Pioneer BDR205, but a low firmware version (mine works). Please tell me what your firmware version is. Thanks.
                Just wanted to share that I updated to 8.0.7.2b 1/22/11 and still got the same error. Fab completes encoding but fails in IMGBurn. My BDR205 has 1.11 fw. Not being a smarta$$, but what would the fw have to do with this? All my burns on this drive are fine, it burns anything I throw at it. Just curious....
                AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8 @ 3.3ghz stock cooling
                ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 Sata 6gb/s ATI HD4290
                G.Skill RipJaws 8gb(2x4) DDR3 PC10666
                Antec 750W Continuous Power
                Pioneer BDR205
                64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
                WD 640gb HDD Internal
                WD 2TB HDD External
                CoolerMaster 690series
                ViewSonic 22" LED 1080p Full HD
                Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment

Just wanted to share that I updated to 8.0.7.2b 1/22/11 and still got the same error. Fab completes encoding but fails in IMGBurn. My BDR205 has 1.11 fw. Not being a smarta$$, but what would the fw have to do with this? All my burns on this drive are fine, it burns anything I throw at it. Just curious....
                  My firmware is 1.02 on the BDR205. And your question is absolutely legitimate. Only that it's not burning that is failing, but an operation related to applying protection. You see where I'm going... protection, tighter security, newer firmware... Anyway, it's being worked on

Comment

My firmware is 1.02 on the BDR205. And your question is absolutely legitimate. Only that it's not burning that is failing, but an operation related to applying protection. You see where I'm going... protection, tighter security, newer firmware... Anyway, it's being worked on
                    O-K I'm gonna be a smarta$$ for a sec(no ill-intent of course)....U mean to say that Pioneer envisioned Feng creating this work-a-round and implemented something in the latest fw's for their drives to counter it?
                    Pioneer BDR205
                    64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
                    WD 640gb HDD Internal
                    WD 2TB HDD External
                    CoolerMaster 690series
                    Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment

O-K I'm gonna be a smarta$$ for a sec(no ill-intent of course)....U mean to say that Pioneer envisioned Feng creating this work-a-round and implemented something in the latest fw's for their drives to counter it?
                      Nope it's unrelated and it's not a workaround, it's an official way to do it.
                      The specs are bigger than what is used and what is implemented in players or other tools like DvdFab. Normally you don't implement things unless they are used... some of the dark corners of the specs never get to be implemented at all. The extra protection that is available in some of the new firmwares it's an old thing in the specs but a new thing in the wild. So it's just a matter of leveling the software, if you like
                      Ideally it should've come up while in testing, but it didn't cause it's too new. You can't test with all drives out there and all firmwares

Comment

I'm gonna wait for however long it takes for an update to make these protected discs work on all players. It just doesn't make sense to me to be making 2 copies of the same movie. Just the fact that I stressed myself over these 2 movies and wasted 2 discs already, makes me want to smack myself! lol
                        Pioneer BDR205
                        64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
                        WD 640gb HDD Internal
                        WD 2TB HDD External
                        CoolerMaster 690series
                        Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment

I'm gonna wait for however long it takes for an update to make these protected discs work on all players. It just doesn't make sense to me to be making 2 copies of the same movie. Just the fact that I stressed myself over these 2 movies and wasted 2 discs already, makes me want to smack myself! lol
                          Yeah that was the question I had asked!! And was told 2 discs!! does not make sense unless your only player is a PS3 or one that has cinavia protection!! But I only use BDRE disc now!!! No more coasters!!!

Comment

Do you have a PS3 and another standalone player? Only in that case you'd need 2 copies.

The newly released version has more info about the writer and its capabilities. Some BD burners are not able to make protected discs... I got word that fw1.09 is capable, so it would be interesting if yours is. Could you try the new version, for the sake of testing with a BD-RE, and post the log, please?
                            Anyway, the previous tries were failing while preparing the disc, so no writing -> no disc should've been wasted there.

Comment

Why don't you all make a back up to your HDD and burn in ImgBurn separately?

Comment

Do you have a PS3 and another standalone player? Only in that case you'd need 2 copies.

The newly released version has more info about the writer and its capabilities. Some BD burners are not able to make protected discs... I got word that fw1.09 is capable, so it would be interesting if yours is. Could you try the new version, for the sake of testing with a BD-RE, and post the log, please?
                                Anyway, the previous tries were failing while preparing the disc, so no writing -> no disc should've been wasted there.
                                I'll try the latest version. The reason I wasted 2 discs is because I tried to burn the folders left over in the TEMP folder of my project separately with IMGBurn. I say I'll wait for a universal method because it would be nice to let someone borrow a movie and not have to give them my original nor have to worry about it actually working on their player.
                                @ Superfist, I've tried to use clone mode. Rip to HDD then mount the .iso and do full disc mode that way, but make protected disc was grayed out. I still attempted to burn the final output which left me with a 2nd disc that still muted SALT and gave a cinavia protection msg.
                                *EDIT* I see what you're saying now...nevermind. But according to what people are saying on here, my Pioneer fw is now the problem. I'm pretty sure I've read that you can't downgrade Pioneer fw's?
                                Pioneer BDR205
                                64gb OCZ SSD AGILITY 2
                                WD 640gb HDD Internal
                                WD 2TB HDD External
                                CoolerMaster 690series
                                Windows7 64 Ultimate

Comment

Working...