District 9 subtitles for aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

District 9 subtitles for aliens

District 9 has a set of subtitles the appear when the aliens speak in their own language. They appear when playing the original BD even if subtitles are turned off.

In the copied versions, Full or Main Movie, they are not there. Surely there is a way to force these to appear, but how?

If this has been discussed before, please point me to the right thing. I looked but didn't find it.

In addition, if I copy the Main Movie and then rip to mkv, there are no chapter advances in the resulting file. Is there a way to get those in in that mode?

I have had DVD Copy and its predecessors from the fisrt version but I'm just getting into BD and ripping to other formats. It's like starting all over.

85 results when typing forced subs into the forum search http://forum.dvdfab.com/search.php?searchid=786533

Comment

Thanks. I'm very new to BD and the DVDfab products for them so I don't know what to call the problem.

Is there a topic to look at for the chapter breaks in the the Main Movie copy?

And thanks again for such a prompt response.

Comment

If you are playing back on your PC, try using Nero Showtime.
        I have found that some players will not display subs, when they are really there!
        SALT

Comment

Forced Subs

To olc, I have had the same problems with Avatar. Although it's a bother, I know a way to fix your problem since nobody seems to have a real solution. Be sure to check to record all english subs when making your backup. There should be more than one for that movie. When watching the movie on your standalone player, use your remote to turn on subtitles and you will get a choice from the ones you backed up - don't choose the first one as that will usually turn on english subs for the entire movie, one of the other will work so the only time english subs will show up is when another language besides english is spoken. It is the way the movie should have recorded to begin with but did not. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X