Disc is not BD-R but is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disc is not BD-R but is

I have been burning BD-R media made by Digistor and Memorex without problems using an LG BDR drive and DVDFaB Blu-Ray Copy. Then I installed an internal Sony Optiarc 5300S drive and began to have problems.

The main issue is that when I try to burn a BD-R disc using DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy I get a message that the disc is not BD-R media, and the program will not proceed from there.

At first, reading another thread on this forum on this subject, that it was because the new drive did not recognize the discs because they were not on the approved media list from Sony.

However, when I attempted to burn a Blu-Ray movie on my media with ImgBurn, it worked flawlessly. This makes no sense to me since I had configured DVDFab to use ImgBurn. Why would it work with ImgBurn alone and not with DVDFab using ImgBurn, am I not configured properly? (I have followed the directions for setting up DVDFab with ImgBurn as published.)

I would rather burn from DVDFab, so is it better to use the VSO burning engine, or is there a better way to configure DVDFab to work with ImgBurn so it will recognize BD-R discs?

Also, ImgBurn is quirky and does not always work, especially with DVD+R. (I have gone back to using BurnAware Free instead of ImgBurn for DVD+R as I get 9 coasters out of 10 using Verbatim.)

We'll need details in order to provide specific help.
    So you're having problems with BD and standard dvd burns?
    Please post relevant portions of your logs, particularly, the burn logs...both a successful and failed burn with the DVD +R Verbs.

The default location is:

For Win7
    C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

try the beta version. i had the same issue with the other one.

Comment

I don't know what happened, but when I tried to burn the same Blu-Ray folder to the same BD-R media I had trouble with, it worked.

Maybe it is because I had run ImgBurn independently. I don't know why this would make a difference.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Geoff, don't worry. It's much better to run ImgBurn independently than it is tethered to DVDFab. Continue on with what you're doing and I guarantee you'll have less problems that way.

Comment

Working...
          X