• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burn keeps failing

Windows 7 64bit Pro
    24GB RAM
    Intel i7 950
    Plextor PX-B940SA 12X BDRW drive

I copied the full size of the main movie (Avatar 2D) to my hard drive. Then I compressed it using DVDFab Blu-Ray Copy to fit on a single layer BD-R.

When I attempt to burn it, it fails within 2 minutes of starting.

I am using both Kodak 4X BD-R and Optical Quantum 4X media.

I have the burning speed set to 1x for all attempts. I'm not sure why the burn_VSO log reads that the "writing speed requested is x2.0, effective x2.0."

I've attached the requested logs. I hope you don't mind that I included all the recent activity from yesterday and this morning. I did remove all previous data to try to stay within the spirit of the request to include only the most relevant log session.

I'd be grateful for any help.

This last week, I successfully burned a backup copy of another disc.

Also, I successfully created a backup copy of Avatar using the same method (copy full main movie-->compress to fit single layer disc-->then burn). But for some reason the DVDFab.com logo kept showing up in the upper left corner. So, I repeated the whole process again and now it keeps failing at the burning stage.

The only thing that's different is that I was initially trying out the software. Last night I purchased it and the software has my registration code installed and verified.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by bsmith101 View Post
    But for some reason the DVDFab.com logo kept showing up in the upper left corner.
    This is normal during the trial. It will not appear once you have purchased DVDFab Blu-ray Copy but you will need to redo any copies made during the trial.

Comment

from your burn log
      2011-01-30 10:24:18 Info Poor quality disc detected or drive error.
      2011-01-29 23:06:13 Info Disc ejected by user while parsing.
      2011-01-29 23:06:11 Info Parsing disc ...
      2011-01-29 23:06:07 Info Disc ejected by user.
      2011-01-29 22:53:28 Info WRITE SUCCESS: Disc written
      2011-01-29 22:53:28 Info Finalization Time 00:00:18 - Total completion time 00:48:24
      2011-01-29 22:53:10 Info Write finished in 00:48:05 - Finalization start here. Avg. burn rate 6.53
      2011-01-29 22:05:22 Info Lead-in burning time (mS) 18139
      2011-01-29 22:05:04 Info Write started 11593984 sectors to write
      2011-01-29 22:05:04 Info Writing speed requested x2.0, effective x2.0
      2011-01-29 22:05:04 Info Available write speed: 8x ,4x ,2x
      2011-01-29 22:05:04 Info Media ID: PHILIP-R04-00
      It seems the blank Blu-ray you are using are not any good and they can not be burned any lower than a 2x speed so trying to burn at 1x will not work. Also you are a few updates behind as the latest release is DVDFab 8.0.7.3 http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=11437 but your problem could be more a VSO burn engine problem and could be fixed if you installed ImgBurn and configured DVDFab and ImgBurn to work together

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        from your burn log

It seems the blank Blu-ray you are using are not any good and they can not be burned any lower than a 2x speed so trying to burn at 1x will not work. Also you are a few updates behind as the latest release is DVDFab 8.0.7.3 http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=11437 but your problem could be more a VSO burn engine problem and could be fixed if you installed ImgBurn and configured DVDFab and ImgBurn to work together
        Interesting. I'm getting seemingly the same issues with both types of media. Burning at 2x and 4x results in the same...or at least they fail to complete the burn process as well.

I can try ImgBurn. Does it simply do a better job than the one included with DVDFab?

Ironically, I used the same process and Kodak BD-R media to create the backup of Avatar (that had the DVDFab logo) and the backup of Resident Evil: Afterlife (with the trial and it didn't have the logo in the upper left corner).

Comment

Always use imageburn,too many problems with the vso burner.And you can never go wrong with verbatim bd-r media.No more coasters!!

Comment

Working...
          X