• Show
Clear All

RE4 Afterlife Cinevia

DVDFAB 80-73 no passkey

Did main movie checked box on next screen for protected disc
    got to insert blank disc I added the BD-RE
    instant failed

emailed the log but wanted opinions

Im retrying it compressed to 22500 and after scan said no compression needed so I will see when it gets to the add disc phase

22500 is what I find works on the 25gb BDRE disc and doesnt fail due to size issues

Disc both BDR and RE verbatim no problems till now

well got it to finally work but the main movie was displaying credits over the movie so Im trying all 3 movies and whole disc

Comment

2nd track plays need to test longer period

track 2 plays on PS3 need to check long period to test if cuts off

overnight
      Did full disc compressed to 25gb, checked the cinevia box everything ok then

wont play in PS3 at all...starts to read to main menu on phillips but wont work

maybe Im reading it backwards..to do the full disc to 25gb backup does the check box to disable cinevia and make a protected disc need to be checked or not?

track 2 had the box checked doing it again with it not checked

Comment

Originally posted by DJuanHouston View Post
        track 2 plays on PS3 need to check long period to test if cuts off

overnight
        Did full disc compressed to 25gb, checked the cinevia box everything ok then

wont play in PS3 at all...starts to read to main menu on phillips but wont work

maybe Im reading it backwards..to do the full disc to 25gb backup does the check box to disable cinevia and make a protected disc need to be checked or not?

track 2 had the box checked doing it again with it not checked
        Does you phillips support Cinavia?
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

the phillips does not but the PS3 does

it should play on the phillips as I understand with or w/o cinevia there was just something wrong with the whole disc compressed to 25gb

Comment

the phillips does not but the PS3 does

it should play on the phillips as I understand with or w/o cinevia there was just something wrong with the whole disc compressed to 25gb
            If you make a protected disc it will not play on a player with out cinavia!! So the way I get it you have to make 2 discs one that you checked protected disc for play on the PS3 and one with out the check that will play on all players with out cinavia!
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

I thought the issue with playing protected discs was whether or not the player supported "BDMV-REC" - not whether or not it had implemented the cinavia rootkit?

From Fengtao's post (Cons to the interim solution):
              . BDMV-REC is not implemented by all players. BD Players implemented Blu-ray standards as they saw fit to market their products. Not all of them have implemented AACS Recordable BDMV (BDMV-REC). PS3, being one of the best players, did.
              . If not on PS3, we encourage users to check the playback support for "AACS protected recordable BDMV" either with BD Player support or with a BD-RE.
              . PC players support protected BDAV, but not BDMV-REC.

Also - from a post by a user:
              "I made 2 backups of Mainmovie of Resident evil afterlife. one, straight from the disc and one copy protected to remove cinavia.
              The first copy would play for 11 minutes before losing the audio intermittently and the second copy would not play at all.
              This proves that LG BD570 with software 8.31.244C is cinavia protected and that LG won't play BDMV-REC.
              I have since updated the software on the LG to 8.31.325C which seems to disable/remove Cinavia from the player and the first copy will now play perfectly with no loss of audio".

I think this is saying that support of BDMV-REC is the issue for one of DVDFab's protected discs to play - and not whether the cinavia rootkit is installed and activated in the player?
              Last edited by Rich86; 02-03-2011, 12:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                If you make a protected disc it will not play on a player with out cinavia!! So the way I get it you have to make 2 discs one that you checked protected disc for play on the PS3 and one with out the check that will play on all players with out cinavia!
                The protected box checked and unchecked gave a cinavia warning and cut off the audio on the 3rd chapter on the PS3

watching the first version on the disc now and no cinavia warning yet

I havent tried any of them on the phillips cause I wanted to see if it played on the PS3 after cinavia copied disc

will do that later

Comment

The protected box checked and unchecked gave a cinavia warning and cut off the audio on the 3rd chapter on the PS3

watching the first version on the disc now and no cinavia warning yet

I havent tried any of them on the phillips cause I wanted to see if it played on the PS3 after cinavia copied disc

will do that later
                  The protected disc will most likely not play on any player except for one with Cinavia protection!!

Comment

the phillips wont play the disc that finally seems to have worked in the PS3 so the post above about multiple formats disc is correct if the player doesnt support the BDMV-REC

now if I could only remember which method worked on the PS3 I made 4 types and I know the BDMV-REC box checked did not play since I started with it

the last disc I just threw in and was elated it continued to play
                    Last edited by DJuanHouston; 02-03-2011, 06:06 AM.

Comment

redoing the whole disc to 25gb will see if plays in either machine

explain this to me again please

if the PS3 is being used your supposed to check the protect box???

if the player doesnt support BDMV dont check the box???

Comment

strange the whole disc non bdmv worked in both this time but cinavia kicked in on the PS3

no matter I finally got a copy of both bdmv for ps3 and non bdmv for the phillips and both work

not sure why the first bdmv whole disc didnt work at all in the PS3

Comment

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
                          See this is what confused me about which way to check or uncheck the BDMV protected disc box

Fengtaos thread
                          "If not on PS3, we encourage users to check the playback support for "AACS protected recordable BDMV" either with BD Player support or with a BD-RE."

That makes me think for PS3 you leave the box unchecked

now that I tried to clone main movie from bdre and ruined a disc I then redid the main movie from original disc with the box checked the PS3 said cant read disc, not even the same issue so 2 coasters so far but Im redoing it again and going to BDRE and test then if works Ill do reburn on BDR

I think this is the same error i had the first time when the whole disc wouldnt play and did the second time even tho all i did was redo the same thing again.
                          Last edited by DJuanHouston; 02-05-2011, 02:21 AM.

Comment

See this is what confused me about which way to check or uncheck the BDMV protected disc box

Fengtaos thread
                            "If not on PS3, we encourage users to check the playback support for "AACS protected recordable BDMV" either with BD Player support or with a BD-RE."

now that I tried to clone main movie from bdre and ruined a disc I then redid the main movie from original disc with the box checked the PS3 said cant read disc, not even the same issue so 2 coasters so far but Im redoing it again and going to BDRE and test then if works Ill do reburn on BDR

I think this is the same error i had the first time when the whole disc wouldnt play and did the second time even tho all i did was redo the same thing again.
                            Some times the burner acts funny! If you have a movie that is Cinavai protected your need to check the box!! But this movie will only play on the PS3 or players that support cinavia, now I see there are certain burners out there that can burn a BDMV-REC disc, not sure your burner is one of those but LG can do it!! So you burn the BDMV-REC disc and that will only play on cinavia players there is a list at the starting of the cinavia thread!! And you have to burn a disc that will play on all other players!!

Comment

Fengtaos thread

I can see how that wording would be confusing. I believe he was suggesting we "check the playback support" of our player - not referring to whether to check the box or not. For example, I checked my Sony standalone player and it does not support playback of a protected BD-R (BDMV-REC). So if I tried to make a protected disc, it would not play at all. Of course in my case, my Lite-On burner isn't even capable of making a protected BDMV-REC disc, so I couldn't make a protected BD-R disc even if I wanted to.

It sounds to me that starting again with the original source blu-ray title, and checking the "create protected disc" box when the program tells you it has cinavia, is the way to go. That should play on your PS3 . . but remember it will NOT play on other standalone blu-ray players unless they also support playback of protected BDMV-REC discs (which apparently is not likely). And it doesn't matter whether that player has had the cinavia rootkit installed on it or not - the key is support of BDMV-REC.

I can't wait to hear how this turns out. It's unfortunate you've had to burn through multiple discs, but I expect we'll all learn a bit from your experiences. Personally, it will be a cold day in hell before I permit a Sony firmware update to come within 10 feet of any of my players unless absolutely necessary and only after someone is able to verify that it does not include the cinavia rootkit. I'd rather return a blu-ray title as defective if it won't play than corrupt my player with this crap.
                              Last edited by Rich86; 02-05-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X