Increase CUDA GPU Usage??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increase CUDA GPU Usage??

Is there a way, that someone might know to increase GPU usage. I have an Asus gtx460 1gb. Its overclocked a little. When I'm decoding/encoding using cuda GPU I'm using at max 15-20% GPU while all my 4 cpu cores are pushing 95%+. I monitor and tweak my Graphics card via MSIs Afteerburner. I can't seem to find a way to increase GPU and Graphics Memory usage.

From what I've read on some overclockers forum is that the GPU settings are application specific, meaning the application dictates how much GPU/CPU is being used. If thats the case, does anyone know of a little utility that can pump or tweak the amount of GPU dependence or Can the FAB guys include a small cuda settings menu.

Maybe one of you gamers can suugest a way to do what I'm asking.

Thanks

Xalky,

Under settings (Green Check mark) --> General--> A/V codec. Check all setting are set to CUDA and UNCHECK Enable Lighting-Recoding when applicable... I have a very similar setup to what you are running and I get 50-60% GPU usage.

Let me know if this helps!

Comment

I know that all my avcodec settings are set to cuda. The lightening recoding is unchecked. My cuda driver version which is on the avcodec settings page shows version 3.2. Is this the driver your showing? Theres also a revision #2.1.

Comment

Originally posted by Xalky View Post
        I know that all my avcodec settings are set to cuda. The lightening recoding is unchecked. My cuda driver version which is on the avcodec settings page shows version 3.2. Is this the driver your showing? Theres also a revision #2.1.
        I see no difference with lightning on or off. my util is about the same as yours, 20-30%, and I have a GTX470. I also have the latest WHQL drivers with CUDA 4.0.

Comment

Download GPU-Z and you will see that the Video Engine Load is running at 99% while converting.

GPU-Z

Comment

Working...
          X