BD Drives with BUS ENCRYPTION support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Drives with BUS ENCRYPTION support

Can anyone provide a list of BD drives that either have or can be upgraded (via firmware) support for bus encryption? Elsewhere in this forum I learned that the two LG drives I own do not have it (WH10LS30 and GBW-H20L) nor does it appear that there an upgrade available for either of them. Searching several online vendors for drives was frustrating because this capability does not appear in any of the product specification for the drives. Help!

Originally posted by Rsnims2 View Post
    Can anyone provide a list of BD drives that either have or can be upgraded (via firmware) support for bus encryption? Elsewhere in this forum I learned that the two LG drives I own do not have it (WH10LS30 and GBW-H20L) nor does it appear that there an upgrade available for either of them. Searching several online vendors for drives was frustrating because this capability does not appear in any of the product specification for the drives. Help!
    For now, there is no known driver vendor that uses it. There are some PC BD Players that implemented it, but it's the drive job to enforce it.

Out of curiosity, what do you need such a list for?

Comment

Originally posted by j&b View Post
      For now, there is no known driver vendor that uses it. There are some PC BD Players that implemented it, but it's the drive job to enforce it.

Out of curiosity, what do you need such a list for?
      From what I have been able to glean from the recent posts, anyone wishing to use the new protected disc feature as a fix for the cinavia issue will have to have a drive capable of creating a protected disc. When I learned that neither of my two LG models support it, I tried searching the internet to discover one that does, but didn't have any luck. I am hoping that the collective expertise in these forums will be able to help me out.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsnims2 View Post
        From what I have been able to glean from the recent posts, anyone wishing to use the new protected disc feature as a fix for the cinavia issue will have to have a drive capable of creating a protected disc. When I learned that neither of my two LG models support it, I tried searching the internet to discover one that does, but didn't have any luck. I am hoping that the collective expertise in these forums will be able to help me out.
        It's not bus encryption that needs to be supported to be able to make protected copies, but "generation of binding nonce". That is supported by LGs, so your LG drives should be able to create protected copies to disable Cinavia on PS3. If you run into troubles when creating such copies, please post a log. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by j&b View Post
          It's not bus encryption that needs to be supported to be able to make protected copies, but "generation of binding nonce". That is supported by LGs, so your LG drives should be able to create protected copies to disable Cinavia on PS3. If you run into troubles when creating such copies, please post a log. Thanks
          Thank you very much. I am very glad that I started this thread and I hope that others are helped by this important piece of information.

I still think it would be helpful to have a list of drives which have the ability to work with DVDFab to create protected discs.

Comment

Working...
          X