8.0.7.3 Hangs During Rip - Pirates Of Carribean 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiabloZoe View Post
    Cant speak for what Wasp has running but I did replecate the same errors that he was having!! Under my current conditions all codecs set to software I could not compress this movie from 42GB to 25GB! Not that this is an issue for me, I was just trying to help. I have other options to try and help if needed.
    Thanks! As you can see yourself, it's just not working. I've tried copying just the main movie and that's not working either. It gets stuck at 1.19%.... a little further along but the same result nonetheless. Any other suggesstions would be appreciated. I'm done repeating myself to the know-it-alls who don't have an answer.

If there are no other suggestions, I'm just thinking it may be a bad disc and get another copy and try it again. I remember having a problem with Iron Man 2 and when I tried another disc, it worked fine!
    Last edited by WaspHavoc; 02-06-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I turned off every aspect of my Norton protection and am currently trying just the movie... and it's moving along pretty nicely so far!

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

Success in Main Movie mode after turning off Norton... attempting Full Disc now with Norton off....

Comment

I'm only using the free trial that came with the PC... it expires in 7 days and I'm not renewing.

Comment

Originally posted by WaspHavoc View Post
            Success in Main Movie mode after turning off Norton... attempting Full Disc now with Norton off....
            It would seem this is an issue compressing a 42gb movie down to 25!! I dont think its a bad disc as Im in Vegas and have the same issues....but its been known to happen!!! I know I can copy just the main movie and probably do a 1:1 clone its just the total compression and I dont have Norton running!!
            For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
            or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

No luck in Full Movie mode with Norton off.

Comment

No luck in Full Movie mode with Norton off.
                Are you doing full movie compress to a BD25? Trying to compress 42GB to 25GB?
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Yep...didn't work. Compressing down to a 25gb didn't work. But ripping and burning just the movie, worked fine.

Comment

And BTW... even just ripping and burning the movie, it still had to be compressed. So... the compression issue seems to lie somewhere within the extras on the disc.

Comment

And BTW... even just ripping and burning the movie, it still had to be compressed. So... the compression issue seems to lie somewhere within the extras on the disc.
                      I don't know what could cause it to not work as maybe Fengtao might be able to answer that, I have never compressed a full movie down to a BD25 I always do movie only or 1:1! The loss in quality is just a waste you might as well do a BD9! If I might make a suggestion if you have not already get some BDRE I picked up 5 50GB BDRE from ebay TDK which I know work well with my LG for 46.99 shipped!! I have all the pay channels so when a movie that I have backed up comes on and they play it over and over, I just write another movie over the one they keep playing!! But that just my story!!

Comment

Working...
                      X