looking for help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looking for help

hello, im having a bit of difficulties trying to back up a movie from my western digital 500 gig external hd to a blu ray disc. i used other software to rip the movie to the western digital and i have both BDMV and CERTIFICATE files on the hard drive. i purchased dvdfab last week under the impression that dvdfab is capable of backing movies to blu ray discs?
    im wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do so by maybe pointing me to a thread that explains how or a thread with howto precedures.
    i have a LG super multi blu bd-rewriter with my laptop. i should also say that the blu ray rewriter was installed in an external housing that connects to my laptop usb. my western digital is also usb connected to my laptop.
    not sure if this helps but i thought i should say.

thank you

Tough to offer any meaningful help without specifics, ie., "having a bit of difficulties" is too vague to be of help.

Will Blu-ray Copy open the files?
    Is the difficulty with burning the files?

Please post the relevant log files....internal, process and of particular importance, the burn log.

The default location is:

For Win7
    C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hi alandcin
      As Maineman said it is hard without more information.
      You said that you used other software, why did you not use Fab to do this???
      Also how is your external HDD formated Fat32 or NTFS?
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by alandcin View Post
        hello, im having a bit of difficulties trying to back up a movie from my western digital 500 gig external hd to a blu ray disc. i used other software to rip the movie to the western digital and i have both BDMV and CERTIFICATE files on the hard drive. i purchased dvdfab last week under the impression that dvdfab is capable of backing movies to blu ray discs?
        im wondering if someone could point me in the right direction on how to do so by maybe pointing me to a thread that explains how or a thread with howto precedures.
        i have a LG super multi blu bd-rewriter with my laptop. i should also say that the blu ray rewriter was installed in an external housing that connects to my laptop usb. my western digital is also usb connected to my laptop.
        not sure if this helps but i thought i should say.

thank you
        There is a thread titled "Preferred method of backing up a bluray" It will give you some insight of a way to back up blurays!!! And there are most likely more threads on the subject!! If you have questions on the method post them and I will try and help you out! If you need a walk through let me know and I will help you out!
        For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.

Comment

Working...
        X