Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blu-ray copy encoding options

Just joined the club so greetings to all here both old and new
    Used blu-ray copy yesterday to re-encode a blu-ray from BD-50 to BD-25 but after carefully analising all the options, am I right in thinking that the program doesn't allow for 2-pass encoding ?
    I appreciate it has advanced pre-encoding analysis (a la Nero) and also slow encoding for higher quality but I can't find any options for 2-pass encoding.
    If it isn't available yet, are there any plans for the developers to include the option in the future ?
    Thanks for any help

Well that's fair enough if that's what the development team think and I daresay they are right if the movie is around 90 minutes .
    Try compressing Lord Of The Rings or Director's Cut of Dances With Wolves and it's a different story. 2-pass encoding is defintiely needed there I in my opinion) ebcause of the size and compression needed of the original file.
    They both look awful and are loaded with artefacts when compressed to BD-25 with its limited 1 pass slow encoding option.

Comment

Originally posted by tobybunny View Post
      Well that's fair enough if that's what the development team think and I daresay they are right if the movie is around 90 minutes .
      Try compressing Lord Of The Rings or Director's Cut of Dances With Wolves and it's a different story. 2-pass encoding is defintiely needed there I in my opinion) ebcause of the size and compression needed of the original file.
      They both look awful and are loaded with artefacts when compressed to BD-25 with its limited 1 pass slow encoding option.
      Try Settings > Blu-ray Copy > Encoding Settings > Slow Speed / High Quality. Also try eliminating the credits to get it down to a manageable size.

I definitely feel your pain, though. I had to use the above to make Sin City look decent (no compression) as well as The A-Team. Some movies just don't look right compressed, however little (Sin City was only 96% and it looked horrendous!).
      Last edited by SuperFist; 02-13-2011, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tobybunny View Post
        Why not just do movie only,hd audio,and do title/end settings to split the movie to 2 disks. No compression,excellent results. That's what I do.Got Verbatim LTH 25gb disks,pack of 20 for 26.99 at amazon. I have lite on burner 212. Panasonic and ps3 play these disks.<----Greetings from Florida.

Comment

Working...
        X