Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem Splitting BRs

Hello,

I have a little problem with my fab decrypter BRcopy. Lately I wanted to backup crazy heart and watchman. Both main movies have around 35GB with the desired languages included. So I decided to split the movies in two parts. First I copied chapter 1 to 20, which needed app. 18GB of the disc. No problem there. But on the second half (chapter 21 to 40) the required space were 35 GB.
    So there is some bug in the estimation of the needed disc space. An acceptable solution to this problem is removing the last chapter. This only includes the credits anyway. Then the size of the part is correct i.e. app 17 GB. But it would be nice to have it working also with the last chapter. Has anybody the same problem and perhaps found a solution? Perhaps the issue is only related to these two movies?

Regards Frank

The problem is not just with those two movies. The second half of the split will show the full required space for the entire movie even though you are only copying half or so.
    You do not need to eliminate the last chapter. Sometimes that won't correct your situation. If you will note the required time to copy the second half of the split is shortened from the time to copy the entire movie. The only problem it creates is not knowing the correct gb needing to be used but if you have 50/50 split you should have some idea.

Comment

Originally posted by frankessenberger View Post
      Hello,

I have a little problem with my fab decrypter BRcopy. Lately I wanted to backup crazy heart and watchman. Both main movies have around 35GB with the desired languages included. So I decided to split the movies in two parts. First I copied chapter 1 to 20, which needed app. 18GB of the disc. No problem there. But on the second half (chapter 21 to 40) the required space were 35 GB.
      So there is some bug in the estimation of the needed disc space. An acceptable solution to this problem is removing the last chapter. This only includes the credits anyway. Then the size of the part is correct i.e. app 17 GB. But it would be nice to have it working also with the last chapter. Has anybody the same problem and perhaps found a solution? Perhaps the issue is only related to these two movies?

Regards Frank
      Hi Frank
      In some movie,always the last chapter is a design of Ending or Repeat,i think it may be affect the analyzing result.
      We had fixed a bug like this,did you use the lastest build 8073?
      thanks a lot
      Joe

Comment

Just did copy and the second half of split showed the entire movie total.
        Buster

Comment

Originally posted by frankessenberger View Post
          Hello,

Regards Frank
          I have noticed this too. I just did Gladiator,split the 1st half to 20.xxxgb and put the rest on the 2nd. Not all of my backups show a full disk size on the last half. Wierd. I just leave the drop down at BD-50 and everything works perfectly. I don't split in half. I like to get a longer time for the first disk. In Gladiator it was 1hr 41min for the 1st disk and 1hr 9min for disk 2. Now if they would make a blu ray 5 disk changer (haven't seen any yet) I'd be set. Gonna use this method until 50gb disks get reasonably priced.

Comment

Working...
          X